[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
DMR Build Help - Page 2 - Custom Projects

DMR Build Help

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: DMR Build Help

Postby Spartanacus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Spartanacus
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby The Grand Baboon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Here in the deserts and highlands of Utah, there is a distinct advantage in range held by those who use a high FPS gun (and high quality, I might add) combined with heavyweight BBs and an R-hop. Like any other projectile, the BB has to fight against gravity. Pushing it faster and, combined with a good hop up, will help fight that unavoidable variable more effectively than velocity alone.

To say that velocity alone will increase range is absolutely false. It is a combination of factors, it's just that FPS plays an integral role in the equation.
"Oohrah, Gunny. Oohrah, Momma Dog."
The Grand Baboon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Matt

Team: APST

Postby Spartanacus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Spartanacus
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Lunchbox » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 pm

G.O.A.T.
Thomas Gabriel: On your tombstone it should say "Always in the wrong place at the wrong time".
John McClane: How about "Yippi-kay-ay, meanie"
Lunchbox
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Switchback » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Reaver » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:28 am

I would suggest getting the tk barrel and the prometheus. Get all your other goodies installed, and then take the gun out for some target practice. Try both barrels using the same bucking and bb weight/brand at a distance that you feel you will be using said gun primarily. Run with what works best. I have ran rifled barrels in paintball and non rifled barrels (empire twister 12" and 12" ironmen boomstick), so its ultimately up to what responds best with your gun setup, and its always good to have spare parts :)

Also, raising your spring in conjunction with raising the weight of your ammo will keep your fps down.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby timmah » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

character density, n.: The number of very weird people in the office.
timmah
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Screach » Wed May 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Sorry for my very late response, I have a few things to say, first off, thank you all for contributing, I truly appreciate it. And Next:

@Spartanacus: Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.

@Switchback: As to clear up some confusion on my want for a DMR, for the past 3 years, up until November(when i received an m14), I ran a bolt. I can also assure you that I have no fear of flanking, getting dirty, or taking the "long way" to the target, in fact i actually enjoy it. So now the want for the dmr. I have really wanted to learn the ropes of airsoft modifying, and engineering. So my original thought was the m14... long story short, really bad option. To my dismay, the gearbox was very confusing, and a few things were out of place so I am so far off to a bad start. So now to your previous point: Because of this poor experience, I started searching for a better base gun, and I liked the SR-25. Now you told me to stick with the A&K because it's already a fairly nice base gun. So then i started to look into upgrades, and now is where the bad experience started to make a difference... I decided that before I got anything I would make a plan of everything I needed, and then learn how to install all of it. So now you know where I am coming from.

Thanks again, and I am open to any advice, except for quitting.
"For Gad and country"
Screach
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Custom Projects