Favorite/Most Practical DIY RPG Plans?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: Favorite/Most Practical DIY RPG Plans?

Postby Jester316 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:Well I haz an idea that's looking a lot cheaper and easier. Basically I am going to make a potato gun. EXCEPT I am going to have space in the back to keep a can of hairspray locked in behind the valve, so that all I have to do is push it into the valve for a few seconds. Get rid of all the funky levers and C02.

Edit:I don't even need a launcher.

Generally combustion cannons are a no-no at airsoft events. If you show up to a SPECDET game with one of those, prepare to leave it in the car all day.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Sir Stubby Eyre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 am

Alien_Hunter wrote:Well I haz an idea that's looking a lot cheaper and easier. Basically I am going to make a potato gun. EXCEPT I am going to have space in the back to keep a can of hairspray locked in behind the valve, so that all I have to do is push it into the valve for a few seconds. Get rid of all the funky levers and C02.

Edit:I don't even need a launcher.

Jester316 wrote:Generally combustion cannons are a no-no at airsoft events. If you show up to a SPECDET game with one of those, prepare to leave it in the car all day.

I'm with Jester on this one, it will not be allowed on Camp R&R's field.
Sir Stubby Eyre
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: N/A

Postby NWPPA » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:39 pm

How about something like this?
http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Metadyne ... QgodVAwAkw

Its regulated and launches a nerf vortex rocket. We use them in paintball as bunker busters or to take out Tanks.
NWPPA
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Rentax » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Part of the problem too is you didn't correctly prep the surfaces that you were gluing....

Lies! I slathered the goop on the thing and put it in the hole...

Hey I've laid enough pipe in my day to know that you're supposed to rough it up first...
You gotta hit that stuff the with sand paper and not just the hole, you gotta rough up the pipe you're sticking in there too.
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby Jester316 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm

NWPPA wrote:How about something like this?
http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Metadyne ... QgodVAwAkw

Its regulated and launches a nerf vortex rocket. We use them in paintball as bunker busters or to take out Tanks.

That seems very inefficient. 150-300 feet on 200-300 psi? I can do 300' easily with mine on 80psi all day long. And mine wasn't $380...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Reaver » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 am

That is pretty inefficient, I can stick a golf ball through a fiberglass car hood at 60 feet on 60 psi, 120psi and the thing vanishes into the horizon LOL. Also could have something to do with the projectile itself (weight and o.d. of the projectile in comparison to I.d. of the barrel). I still say use a tennis ball or a racquet ball for a projectile. And if your building out of pvc don't consider firing it off in the winter, cold pvc and high pressure will end in pain and suffering.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Previous

Return to Custom Projects