replica ied ideas

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: ied ideas

Postby The Nutty Professor » Fri May 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Do the letters FAE mean anything to anybody? HAHA using a fine powder of any type around electrical devices that can arc...Not likely but police training units were using GBB pistols until someone used one while training with a taser. The fire was huge lol will it happen not likely. Can it happen...yep.
The Nutty Professor
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Reaver » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:11 am

A tazer is 50k volts or more. That is similar in voltage to your normal car ignition system. While I do understand flame plus fine powder could equal a fireball, the chances are almost non existant in my application, as the voltage will be at most 27v, and that is only for triggering the solenoid on the sprinkler valve. The motion sensor operates on 9 volts, however the propulsion of said fine powder is mere compressed air, now if we could host an op where we used a sawdust cannon to simulate destroying a fuel dump or weapons cache, that would be awesome, minus dealing with the insurance aspect of it :D
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby laggard » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 am

All these worries got me thinking, Here is my new Airsoft Loadout:
http://www.firstdefense.com/html/bomb_disposal_Equipment_Military_Police_LawEnforcement_EOD.htm
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reeko » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Reaver wrote:A tazer is 50k volts or more. That is similar in voltage to your normal car ignition system. While I do understand flame plus fine powder could equal a fireball, the chances are almost non existant in my application, as the voltage will be at most 27v, and that is only for triggering the solenoid on the sprinkler valve. The motion sensor operates on 9 volts, however the propulsion of said fine powder is mere compressed air, now if we could host an op where we used a sawdust cannon to simulate destroying a fuel dump or weapons cache, that would be awesome, minus dealing with the insurance aspect of it :D

got plenty of sawdust. i work at a saw mill :).
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Custom Projects