[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
replica ied ideas - Page 2 - Custom Projects

replica ied ideas

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: ied ideas

Postby Nark » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:38 pm

complaining about water in the PACNW...
Last edited by Nark on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Nark » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cyclops » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:54 pm

It's not like you'll be standing right over it and getting blown into your crotch or anything. Use flower it will blow like 15 to 20ft straight up into the air ( imitation of a smoke cloud) and wind will carry most of the loose stuff away. Let players know about the ied and there is a good chance of you being blown up with flower. Maybe then some of the players will actually think about there moves then just going crazy and charging. Oh and a heads up to some of you some times I put flower in my flash bangs. I've had no complaints with that yet.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Jester316 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Again, I don't care about the getting it on my gear crap. I don't buy CRYE/LBT/WHATEVERISCOOLTODAY to resell it a week later.

I've had enough medical training to know that anything that is not normal air does not belong in your lungs. Having powders shot straight up into the air, into someones nostrils and lungs during an inhalation, is never a good thing. It takes very little irritation to send someone into an asthmatic reaction (and note, you don't need to have been diagnosed with asthma to have an asthmatic reaction).

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm

I actually just bought a Bengal tiger and it's sitting in a 10 foot deep hole covered in palm leaves. This way there is no water or powder! Your cammies will still get shredded though.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Complaining about water in western Oregon. Dumb.

Worrying about a little bit of flour, Jester--stretching it a little long into the worst case, don't you think. I know you've inhaled worse at fires without wearing your SCBA. I know I have.

Bengal tiger. That's funny. Good one.

Finally, right now, I wouldn't want to even be associated with building anything and calling it an "ied," even if it is an airsoft prop.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Reaver » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 am

I'm just going to run with it. Sounds like gluten free flour is the way to go, just notify players beforehand if I use them. And if someone has asthma I can't picture them rushing around the field all day. I think personally a lung infection from a little flour is on the worst case scenario list, much as hearing damage from a thunder b or your safety glasses shattering because they get hit. It could happen, but you are more likely to be stung by bees or pull a muscle.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Steve » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Note 1: Powdered sugar, while not cheap, works pretty well.

Note 2: Any powder that has packaging warning about "do not use internally" or "external use only" or "use only as directed" is not something I'd be interested in using as a filler.

Note 3: If you are setting it off with a sensor at 15-20 feet, have you thought about doing electrical ignition of a smoke grenade? Or just doing a directional lob of large numbers of pellets?
Steve

Postby Junto » Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 am

Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Transition » Wed May 01, 2013 9:12 am

Heard choking on bbs is bad for your health, some people could be allergic, NO MORE BBS!
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Alien_Hunter » Wed May 01, 2013 9:57 am

You should just make a giant Jack-in-the-Box. Or do wtf you want and you're not obligated to report back to us. 1% of the population has celiac disease FYI.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 am

1% has Celiac, but there are a lot of people that have varied reactions to gluten.

Pretty much everyone shouldn't be eating it. But it's up to personal preference. Same with dairy. Don't spray milk out.

If you're talking about using at games, people that don't want to deal with those two items would just not show up and would make game hosts say "Well, I can say toughen up, or I can have more business". Any sensible business person or host would say no to it. phony pony all you want, but it's a hobby.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Nark » Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Hamster » Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 pm

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Reeko » Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

you guys are starting to make me think that the safest option is to use actual explosives in the IED,
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Projects