replica ied ideas

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

replica ied ideas

Postby Reaver » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm

So its getting sunny and I find myself thinking of building an ied mine or two. Problem is I'm trying to find what kind of powder to load into them. Baby powder tests have yielded a 16' plume, but trying to find something that would be acceptable and not make a player smell like a baby's butt. Suggestions anyone?
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: ied ideas

Postby laggard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Go to Dollar tree and get that Generic branded Gold Bond type stuff.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I suggest avoiding powder altogether. If it gets into someone's lungs, and I guarantee that it will, it can cause a massive respiratory infection, asthmatic reaction, or alveolar swelling. You would then be legally responsible for injuring that person. Use water or just plain old noise.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Reeko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Jester316 wrote:I suggest avoiding powder altogether. If it gets into someone's lungs, and I guarantee that it will, it can cause a massive respiratory infection, asthmatic reaction, or alveolar swelling. You would then be legally responsible for injuring that person. Use water or just plain old noise.

water would get in someones gun and gear, and people hate that. I would go with powder. Natural reaction is to close your mouth, and eyes when you have a giant plume of powder explode from under you. So i dont think its going to cause lung cancer or anything. But there are risks with anything

or sound. but thats no fun.
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby laggard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Reeko wrote:I would go with powder. Natural reaction is to close your mouth, and eyes when you have a giant plume of powder explode from under you. So i dont think its going to cause lung cancer or anything. But there are risks with anything

I love powder! When I shoot my gun after a good powder dosing it flies off from the muzzle ((As long as it stays in my Barrel after I respawn))
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Reeko wrote:
Jester316 wrote:I suggest avoiding powder altogether. If it gets into someone's lungs, and I guarantee that it will, it can cause a massive respiratory infection, asthmatic reaction, or alveolar swelling. You would then be legally responsible for injuring that person. Use water or just plain old noise.

water would get in someones gun and gear, and people hate that. I would go with powder. Natural reaction is to close your mouth, and eyes when you have a giant plume of powder explode from under you. So i dont think its going to cause lung cancer or anything. But there are risks with anything

Aside from the fact I'm pretty sure Jester has extensive and credible medical knowledge, weighing things like "alveolar swelling" and "legally responsible for injuring that person" and "massive respiratory infection" against "people hate getting water in their gear" either seems incredibly ignorant or just hardcore troll-mode.

Another note about this, I recall a discussion about this where the use of flour was suggested instead of baby powder (something about it being heavier and not as fine, therefore not absorbed as easily/lingering as much) and the point was raised that some people are allergic to gluten, so non gluten-free flour is out. But it's already established that powders are out, and evil water must be splashed across people's gear.

I wonder if there'll be anybody selling tainted gear that's got water on it... Probably goes for pretty cheap seeing as people hate getting water on their gear.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Snowman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 am

mfw people who live the PNW are complaining about getting water on their gear

top lel
Snowman

Postby Jester316 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:05 am

Reeko wrote:

Actually the first thing the body does when startled is inhale. This is to maximize the amount of available oxygen in case your sympathetic nervous system decides to fire (fight/flight reflex). Than when your body detects something not right it stops inhaling and closes down. By that point you already have 200-300ml of air moved in your lungs.

But do what you want...

Also if people don't like getting guns and gear wet, why have some of the best games I've been to been in a down pour? Mary's Peak 2007/2008 (I can't remember specifically when it was): I love the way this sucks!

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 am

:p Just ordered flashbangs and a claymore! time to get black powder caps...
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 am

If you really wanted to be a badass, you'd find a way to incorporate party poppers and confetti.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 am

Solid wrote:If you really wanted to be a badass, you'd find a way to incorporate party poppers and confetti.

That is so not badass. If you were really badass we would use real explosives. And guns. JK. Milsim Labs has some great stuff.
And yeah, it's not paintball, we've got a right to not get covered in sh**. These cap gun caps seem prretty legit. Also He's got m203 40mm slugs.

PS, I have had menthol Gold Bond in my lungs. One time a friend took a handful and blew on it and it got in my eyes and lungs. It was incredibly painful. If somebody caused that to happen to me or anyone at a game I would beat them into the shape of a wet bag laundry.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reaver » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 am

Ok, someone mentioned the device being stepped on to fire, it is actually going to activated by motion sensor. Plume of powder was going to be vertical, range of sensor is about 15-20 feet. So if flour and other powders are out of the question may have to load with a tennis ball and a ton if pellets. Again, this is vertical firing.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Matt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 am

Water shouldn't be a problem. We commonly play this game in heavy rain. It's no different. If somebody is going to be a cute kitty about a little water on their gear, they need to find a new hobby.

And for the glutard argument, really? Really? It's not like we're feeding them a loaf of bread. It's a little bit of flour in the air, this won't be life-threatening to somebody who's got a gluten allergy. And the complaint about getting it on gear, we also get another substance on our gear all the time, it's called "dirt." It wipes off. So does flour.

Honestly you could use either one in your device and I wouldn't care.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Transition » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:03 pm

You shoot plastic bbs at each other, in the woods, my god deal with some talcum powder, oh wait your fancy uniforms might get dirty...
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Lift Kit » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm

The respiratory injury argument is the only one that holds water (pun). Even at that, I think it's still fine, just tell people ahead of time to get a bandana or solid mouthpro. There are factory built devices that fire powder, so it can't be that big a risk, or they wouldn't build and sell them. Water would be worse than useless in the rain. If someone doesn't call their hit, how can you tell?
Lift Kit
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Custom Projects