Need help upgrading!

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Need help upgrading!

Postby Eddie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 am

So basically what I want to do is upgrade this airsoft gun: JG VSR10 Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle GB

Link: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-JG-VSR10-366.htm ($105), into something magnificent that will cost close to $800!!!!!!!!!!!

What I need to know is will all these parts ($700 worth) fit into the gun and are they all compatible! Please only reply if you are 100% certain, as I am about to invest a insane amount into this gun, and make it one of the best snipers you can get.

So I will state the parts and link them, so here we go! I will try to make this as neat as possible, thanks for bearing with me! here we go:

So Part one.

1.) The gun, crappy stock parts : http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-JG-VSR10-366.htm ($105). Sub total = $105

2.) Firefly Reinforced Piston for VSR-10 : http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Firefly-R ... /63303.htm ($70). Sub total = $175

3.) PDI VSR-10 Spring Guide : http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI-VSR-1 ... /65332.htm ($24). Sub total = $199

4.) Laylax VSR-10 Barrel Spacer (G-SPEC) : http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Laylax-VS ... /62130.htm ($25). Sub total = $224

5.) Laylax PSS10 VSR-10 TN Barrel 6.03 (430mm) : http://tinyurl.com/lzdeptx (Link was way too big to fit). ($69). Sub total = $292

6.) Nine Ball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking (also fits P226, Hi-CAPA, G26, SOCOM): http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Nine-Ball ... /58345.htm ($25). Subtotal = $317

7.) Tokyo Marui Precision Brass Barrel & New Chamber Set For VSR-10 Series ( http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index ... pping_cart) ( $68). Sub T = $385
*** Before I move on I plan to take the chamber set as its a KICK :censored2: hop up I head and remove the crap brass barrel and install the 6.03 laylax barrel in step 5)

8.) Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger Set w/ Piston for Marui VSR10 Airsoft Sniper Series: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32047 ($180) Sub total = $565

9.) PolarStar Airsoft VSR-10 Reinforced 4140 Hardened Steel Sear Set: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=31502 ( $70) Sub total = $635

10. Systema M170 Spring for 550-600 FPS. I am sure that one is compatible.

I will also add accessories that will total to about $800.

Now what I REALLY need help is are all these parts compatible? Can I find the same parts cheaper from a different website, Or a different brand thats cheaper with just as good quality? Are there BETTER suggestions you have that I can install to make it better, swap or take out?

Im planning on making one of the sickest upgraded snipers, and have about a $500-$900 budget at most.

Please let me know!

PS. If you have other kick :censored2: builds better then this that you already know feel free to post!!!! Im looking for ideas, and open to anything. Please only spring snipers. Please leave any suggestion or comments on how you think this will perform.

thank you so much airsoft techies!!!

IDK if this sear is even complete the way it is to add to the gun, i never upgraded anything ever before and this is my first airsoft i will buy.

ty

if there is anyone who is willing to put all this together for me for $40 once i order it post also!
Eddie
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Need help upgrading!

Postby Alien_Hunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 am

I will gladly take your $800.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eddie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 am

Alien_Hunter wrote:I will gladly take your $800.

What do you mean? Make this gun for me with all the specs I need?
Eddie
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:09 am

Please don't post the same topic in multiple forums, thanks!
Matt

Team: APST

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 am

First off, I didn't finish reading through your list of parts, so I can't yet comment if they all fit together.

However, I CAN tell you that fitting different brand parts together, even if they're for the same model, is difficult. This is much more than a $40 job. To get the parts to work together like you dream will involve a lot of hand fitting, maybe filing, and takes experience to do well. You would make it easier on yourself if you used all the same brand, such as all PDI, all Laylax, etc.

Second, I think it's a mistake to put that much money into that base gun. The way you're building it sounds like it's going to be powerful and precise. The problem you'll run into is that the JG BAR-10 is not a super-precise base gun. As you put more stress in the cylinder and hop-up components, you'll find that you end up stripping out the hop-up unit mount screws, the trigger pack mount screws, etc. As those loosen, everthing will move, which kills your accuracy.

As far as parts fit, if you buy the Zero Trigger Kit, that won't fit with the PolarStar sear. That only fits with original trigger components. Also, the Zero Trigger Kit looks like it includes a piston. It like won't work with the other upgraded piston you mentioned.

You're right, the spring you mentioned won't fit. Sniper rifle springs are interesting. Smaller diameter springs (11mm) fit stock spring guides and pistons. Upgraded springs from PDI or Laylax also come in 13mm sizes, which REQUIRE a larger diameter piston and a larger diameter spring guide. It would stink to buy an upgraded spring guide, get the piston from the zero trigger kit, and find that they don't fit the spring you wanted to install. It would be WORSE to find that the spring guide you bought wasn't the right size for for the piston at all.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby phiz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:51 pm

I have the PDI barrel and TM precision hopup laying around somewhere, no longer in use. Also several hop up buckings. 4-5 barrels. Basically, I buy and try everything that is available for VRS10, your parts list is not good, and your budget is in the 'meh' catagory. You don't need upgraded sears if you replace your trigger, but you need a right angle piston to get above 500 fps. You need a teflon cylinder. For the trigger get action army that comes with the piston, also action army cylinder. You can spend more but why (I have both zero and AA). There are other hop up replacements that use a AEG barrel, like PDI and Angel custom. Angel custom requires you to use their hop up bucking, unless you go R-HOP. Been there, done that. PDI hop up adjustment is a phony pony. I have both.

FFS, there is no limit. There is no ultimate rifle, just one that is working good today but will be hooking to the right tomorrow. Or scattering all over. You might put in all these upgrades and find that the stock JG was more accurate, then spend 20 hours to figure out why. Then it works for a day, then it doesn't. I just picked up a tacticool real wood stock for my baby, it is a work of art. I have machined hop up arms. I have a F'n mill and a lathe, and still i'm not done.

Don't do it. Get an AK and run it in semi, sniping role sucks. Sniper role is good for old fat guys like me, sitting around feeding bugs. You have to learn how to shoot a sniper rifle, the piston makes it jump and will through off your aim if you don't hold it lightly. It is for masochists and retards. Thats my $0.02
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Your base gun also won't ship from Airsplat for another 8 weeks...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Lemley » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:51 am

phiz wrote:FFS, there is no limit. There is no ultimate rifle, just one that is working good today but will be hooking to the right tomorrow. Or scattering all over. Thats my $0.02

Beautifully put.
Lemley
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jester316 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:51 am

Mine shoots the same every time I shoot. Unless you count wind drift, but that's not something you can control. I also put over 100hrs of work into the gun, 20 of those were on seating the hop up bucking with the barrel and hop unit.

I've retaped all the screws, I've sealed every part of it to get 100% compression at the barrel, I've polished everything that can be polished, I've tried 20 different springs, tried every weight of bb, I even tried washing the bbs as many people on other forums suggest. I do all of this, and still run with an AEG more often.

There are 2 ways to run with a bolt: ghillie suited low crawl and maybe fire 3 rounds before dieing in a hail of bbs; and the person who runs in a squad as their DM but knows how to be of best assistance to the team. Both of these positions require a good amount of skill and patience to pull off effectively I see kids at every game who run around with a bolt, but rarely are they getting kills. They like to standout of engagement range and lob bbs because they think they can it shot a fly at 300' with no scope.

Get an AEG. You'll be happier and wealthier in the long run.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Custom Projects