Project gun help

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Project gun help

Postby Goliath17 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Hey guys, as you may or may not know I am a proud owner of a KWA SR10. Now, I haven't been able to use it for a very long time, maybe 7 months since the last time i've used it. But I have recently put in a prom my (I think it's a prommy; got it from a friend and he swears that it is) 455mm 6.03 tight bore barrel in, but other than that it's stock. The other day I chrono'ed it and it was shooting anywhere from 345-355fps, wtf right? Last time I chrono'ed it (Resurrection XII I think), it was perfectly consistent at 400fps. Anyways, it inspired a little creativity within me. Now, I am far and away from being an airsoft tech, the most i've done is take apart a Hop Up and put in a new inner barrel (I'm still proud of myself :D ). So this is what i'm wondering and what I'd like a little advise on, would it be a good idea to keep my SR10 and upgrade it internally (i.e new motor, piston, piston head, mosfet, spring)? There are some people I know that say that once you start replacing things in a KWA it…well..starts to suck, and others say with the right parts it can be made much better, and as I said before, i'm not a tech whatsoever. I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place right now, I LOVE this gun, but it's really letting me down performance wise. So, is it a smart idea to crack open this bad boy and perform replacement surgery, or get rid of the poor thing and maybe get something different? Sorry for the long and agonizing post guys, but I could use some advise. Thanks!
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Project gun help

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

You might have an air leak if you lost that much FPS after installing a new barrel. Or, your spring settled down.

Leaving the GB alone until something breaks would be a good idea IMHO.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Goliath17 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 pm

And how might that be fixed? Sorry for my lack of knowledge though I really am trying to learn.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Jew is right, and if you didn't "clear" your gun after last using it, you could have left the spring compressed that whole time you didn't use it. I'm no tech either, so I'm not sure if the spring would return to what is was before after usage or not. Whether it was left compressed, or the spring just settled, a spring replacement is cheap. I'd try that before breaking into the box.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 am

You don't need to replace the mainspring. Even if you did leave it compressed, it will not affect your FPS the way you are seeing.

It is highly likely that the barrel installation is the issue.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Goliath17 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Ok well is it a problem that I'm missing that little gold O-ring that does on the barrel under the hop up? I just tried to put it over the barrel and it won't fit around the barrel, I'm not sure why.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alien_Hunter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am

The only upgrade I can suggest is new wiring. Most of the parts are slightly off-spec from regular Tokyo Marui clones. Supposedly the stock wires are very cheap. With a Li-po + new wire harness, your rate of fire could increase by as much as 9 rounds-per-second.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:37 am

Whoever wrote that program needs to be slapped.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Return to Custom Projects