SPAZZ's builds (FLTairsoft)

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

SPAZZ's builds (FLTairsoft)

Postby spazzticsmurff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:24 pm

well this will be a intro to my gun builds. most of my personal builds will not be your run of the mill lets slap some bolt on parts on a stock gun and call it custom. most of my personal builds take me weeks if not months/years to find just the right parts to go together. i like to build guns from scratch and am not afraid to spend money on my stuff to get exactly what i envision. im not saying that customizing a stock gun wont make it nice/cool or any of that, if its what you want then thats all that matters.

some of the things that i do while building a gun may not be nessassary and most other techs will not have the time/patience to do some of the stuff i do, but i am not most techs. i will not say that i am the best airsoft tech out there, im not, but i do have 14yrs~ experience working on airsoft guns.
well, enough with the B.S. let me show you something pretty.

here are the highlights of the parts used:
jp enterprises body, ke arms delta-p6 rail, G&P stuby stock, G&G G26 motor grip, acm afg, unknown fluted barrel that i had a buddy powder coat, madbull OSS back pressure regulator acm dd iron sights, unknown acog rd 1x, G&P m4 accessory kit, echo1 zb30 trigger.
RA gb, FLT 8mm hss bushings, shs piston/head/cylinder/ch/12:1 gears, shs hybrid motor (zci 22tpa armature, ca bearing shaft guide) core sp120, core nozzel, vfc spring guide, scatterplot 3/16 70d sorbo/custom 1/8 neo pad that i cut, btc spectre.
prommly 363mm barrel, prowin hop-up, modify ribbed bucking, and my patch mod.

first the gun (it is not complete in this pic, i will have pics of it complete soon):

now the gb:

anybody like to polis stuff? i do, ie:
Last edited by spazzticsmurff on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: SPAZZ's builds (FLTairsoft)

Postby spazzticsmurff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 pm

now onto some of the work/mods that were performed in this build.

since i used shs 12:1 gears and run an 11.1v lipo there could be some worries of P.E.. to aliviate this i swissed the top half of the piston and S.S. the sector gear 2 teeth and to keep my fps close to the 400fps~ limit that my local fields have i used a core sp120. i tested this spring on a full stroke setup prior and it pushed 430fps~w/.2g, so after it breaks in i should be just under 400fps/.2g.
pics? why yes i do have some pics: no pics of the sector S.S.'d aparently

i have also shaved the teeth to correct for aoe:

and installed scatterplot 3/16" 70d sorbo for impact and aoe:
Imagethe guide holes on the cylinder head had to be enlarged to fit the large guide pins that the R.A. gb shell has.
this mod was peformed by the tech (alan/pride) that i aquired the gb shell from.

i trimmed some material out of the tappet plate to help speed up its return times:

and tapered the T.P. fin to eliminate the lil hitch that it had during dry fitment testing:

i also had to enlarge the channel that the cylinder sits as it wouldn't fit my shs cylinder that i wanted to use. this was a very long and tedious process as i had no intention of taking off to much material and or taking off material in the wrong spot causing the cylinder to not sit right in the gb. i may take pics of the spots modified but probly not as it would be hard to tell what was modified without have taken before and after measurements.
i also polished the cylinder. and tapered the leading edge of the cylinder that the C.H. fits into to aid in mating the of the c/ch. shs c/ch fitment is very tight.
Last edited by spazzticsmurff on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spazzticsmurff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:18 pm

now onto what i consider one of the trickiest parts of the build.
install of the btc spectre mosfet.
now to most people, this is a straight drop in unit with no mods required. as stated before im not most people.

first thing i did was replace both motor wires with ptfe teflon wires out of one of my old chimera kits.
THIS MOD IS NOT RECOMMENDED AS IT WILL MOST LIKELY VOID YOUR FACTORY WARRANTY!!!
if new wires are needed for you unit, send it back to be repaired.
the reason i did this was because, i solder my motor connections. i got tired of the motor connectors falling off and started soldering them directly to the end bell.
then there is the fun part of running the wires just right so that the fit properly without raising up into the pinion gears path upon insertion/removal. because of the machining that retro arms does to their cnc gb shells i wasnt able to secure the wires to the bottom of the gb the way i usualy do. which is to wrap the 2 wires that pass under the pinion in heat shrink tubing and super glue them to the gb shell. and since the retro arms cnc gb is machined to take large wires the ptfe 16awg wires that i am useing are very sloppy in their coresponding holes. so, i heat shrinked them and glued them in place as well.

of corse those 2 tiny switches on the back of you spectre fet have to get pushed down correctly and require added material to most selector plates. i did this by cutting the needed material from one of my shs product packages and glueing it to the tappet plate where the copper plate usualy is:

the last thing i had to deal with for the spectre install was the trigger. i used an echo1 trigger that was not intended for an m4 but was designed for use in a v2 gb so in it went. being made from pot metal i knew there might be some manufacturing defects, and there was 1. the tab that contacted the micro switch was a lil bit shorter than i liked. so, i took another lil piece of my shs packaging and glued it to the tab to make it long enough to properly engage the switch. i will probly add another layer to it to help take up some of the gap that there is between the trigger and the switch. you have to be carefull while doing this so as to not make contact with the body of the switch as you could break off the switch and then you would have a non functional unit. then ofcorse i polished the trigger as seen in my first post.

thanks for reading guys.
i will post up about the steps i had to take assembling the body here soon.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pickle-Jar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:19 pm

SHINY :shock:
Pickle-Jar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 pm

decisions decisions, think ill stick with the longer version. but man that short version looks KIKASS!

but as of now i am ready to go shoot people.

ill post up mods that were nessessary for proper body fitment here soon.
thanks for looking.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 am

Wow, that's beautiful. Have you ever shortened the barrel length of an M14 from standard M14 to a SOCOM length M14?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby CarlitoCafe » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:14 am

Hey, sorry if i butt in but i have done that to an M14 it was pretty simple with the right tools. here's a link to some pics of it scroll down to see.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Things-r ... 879?ref=hl
CarlitoCafe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Nark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

CarlitoCafe wrote:Hey, sorry if i butt in but i have done that to an M14 it was pretty simple with the right tools. here's a link to some pics of it scroll down to see.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Things-r ... 879?ref=hl

Awesome thanks man! I'll take a look when I get home later
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby spazzticsmurff » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:15 pm

hello every one.
sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread.

here is the actual piston that is currently in the gun:
and of course it had to be swiss cheesed:
and the rack polished:

the piston is a super shooter one that was advertised as having a forged rack.
i thought i would check it out as it cost me the same as the standard piston.

well here is the body mods that had to be done to get the gun to fully work together.

some m4 bodys have a gap inbetween the gb shell and the lower reciever and when you tighten
down the stock screw it pulls the gb backwards which causes the front of the gb to rise and
can cause potential feeding/fps issues. some people have even bent there lower reciever when
tightening down the stock screw.

here is an example of the gap i am refering to:

i solved this issue by using an aluminium washer that i aquired from my local hardware store:

i also had to flatten the inside of the lower reciever which had a lil bit of extra material
where the buffer tube piece was welded to the reciever:

another potential trouble spot to cause gb miss-alignment is the motor grip.
mine had to be modded slightly to give the propper fit so that it didnt pull the gb down.

the last body piece that had to be modified was the charging handle. i had to take jut a lil
bit of material from both the top and bottom to get it to fit properly:

the last thing that i did was do one of my patch mods for the barrel:

which sits perfectly in my pwowin hop-up:
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 am

hello every one

just getting back to this thread.
i have a few updates for my jp enterprises build, im going to drop some ig links in here as i havent had these pics uploaded to a hosting site yet.

1: i wore out the piston rails on the piston and the gb (need to upload pics of that) and dropped all the parts (with a new shs piston) into a tm gb shell which has been going strong for about 6 months. no problems as of yet. the motor is going to get changed soon as i think ive worn through the com, or its just my brushes that have worn out.

2: i found a new way to mount my acog, (its a acm fiber unit, but it holds its zero realy well)
https://instagram.com/p/zTiUhJv9XI/?tak ... .t.airsoft

3: i figured out how to do this (ill let the video speak for itself)
https://instagram.com/p/19qCDhP9S1/?tak ... .t.airsoft

4: i got a retro arms type c trigger and a type a selector, then modified the selector
https://instagram.com/p/3zz5UNP9We/?tak ... .t.airsoft

5: i also found a new way to do my motor connectors (pic is from a customers gun, i dont currently have one from mine)
https://instagram.com/p/1zuJQ_v9WZ/?tak ... .t.airsoft

and finaly: it got some new externals and a paintjob
https://instagram.com/p/5cxAhbP9R1/?tak ... .t.airsoft

let me know what you guys think.
also i have 2 more gun builds in process that i will try and get posted up soon.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Custom Projects