I'm Doing Two Custom Builds and Have a Few Questions

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

I'm Doing Two Custom Builds and Have a Few Questions

Postby Frostbit Yeti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Hey All,
So heres the deal: I have a Classic Army LWRC M6a2 PSD which I've been using for years, and next month I'm going to buy a Krytac Trident CRB and beef out both of them (my PSD is already upgraded to its max as an AEG). I was thinking about making my PSD into a Polarstar HPA gun and using the Krytac as my backup AEG. I have a couple questions regarding the HPA upgrade and Polarstar systems, as well as some external parts for both guns. Heres some of the things I want to know:

For my CA PSD:
- I estimate the total upgrade cost for the Polarstar fusion engine, regulator, tube etc to be about $850. Because thats a nice sum of money I'm wondering how you guys feel about the Polarstar engines. I also understand that from the 2015 shot show, that Polarstar is coming out with some new engine system. If you have any further information, would you suggest waiting to see how the new engine performs? or just buy the version 2 gen 3 engine?

- Also, can anyone help me find a lower receiver (in black, although at the rate I'm finding them I'm not picky) for this gun? I know its discontinued, but I can't even seem to find broken ones that people are trying to discard.

For the Krytac:
What are some good attachments I can run with this AEG? I can transfer some of them over from my PSD when I'm not using it, but for the new keymod rails, I will have to buy a new grip etc. What are some good ones?

General:
What are some best anti-fog googles/glasses on the market? I have just been using my old ski goggles and they've worked great, but I really should get rid of them because its the only thing about my load out that isn't airsoft-y.

Thanks for all the help!
Frostbit Yeti
Recruit
Recruit

Team: P.M.C.

Re: I'm Doing Two Custom Builds and Have a Few Questions

Postby Bootknockn » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:26 pm

I've made the switch to hpa and will never look back! They are simply amazing and most important easy to maintain. There's some hesitance at most fields about the hpa systems as there should be. I don't run rediculus rof in fact I only run three round burst. I can't stress enough that running a hpa system requires playing at a bit of a higher level. Respect and thoughtfulness of others is most important. Every time I go to an event with the p* I keep in mind that I have the power to ruin hpa acceptance at games. Wanting to shoot 70rps at 400fps with high cap mags is the wrong reason to go hpa. I've watched the vids of the new systems that p* is coming out with and even though I feel it cool I lean towards the original version 2 gen 3 system. Might take a little modding forthe perfect fit but for the most part it's a drop in and go system and seeing as how it's less work than the new system and only $120 cheaper I'd suggest just sticking with the tried and true. I say only $120 cause when talking p* upgrades you are going to be dropping some $$$ other than that I'd say any of the new hpa systems look very promising including the new p* systems and you won't go wrong with any of them. Hope this helped and can't wait to see another hpa player on the field!
Team Rogue
Bootknockn
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Wow bootz, that was some well said shit about how you're supposed to act when wielding such power, now if we could get everybody to do it. BTW is asking P* players to run at 350 too much?

Yeti, for pete's sake, don't run ski goggles, a BB would go clean through them! Go with something like ESS or Revision, then get the $20 G&G fan, takes about twenty minutes to install, you'll wanna heatshrink the cables together. I run two, just incase battery goes down in one during a game. Even with two, their almost completely silent, for realz.

You will never fog again!

*whenever I'm admining and I see someone fogging completely, I'll walk up, ask to swap eyepro with them, which they are usually hesitate to do, but afterwards they'll come up to me, jaw dropped in amazement of howgood they work, and how silent they are.

Thanks Crossbow !!!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Bootknockn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 am

Fans are a must! I roll with revisions that have a built in fan. Swear by it! Too paranoid to rock the mesh personally. As far as dropping the fps of a p* to 350 my set up ends up with feeding issues. Most setups are pretty good with changing fps but I've changed out my internal poppet valve for a low flow poppet. This allowed my fusion engine to shoot 400fps at a lower psi out of the regulator. Saves a ton of air resulting in longer game play on a single tank. A lot of the fields don't have air fill stations onsite so it means a full day of running and gunning vs not. Plus I'm working on a dmr p*. With how consistent the hpa systems are it has the potential for a deadly long range sniper! Planning on a 450 fps with .36 bb's. however this falls into the cortesey towards other players catagory again. I would love the need to use my sidearm more:) a polarstar dmr wouldn't be a gun for every event either. Some fields and game types it'd fit, others not so much. As well as I expect some hosts won't be thrilled at the idea of an hpa setup running at 450fps so I'm expecting not to use it everywhere. Soon I imagine we'll all be measured at chrono using joules instead of fps which should clear up the hpa fears
Team Rogue
Bootknockn
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:12 am

As far as fears go, what I'm afraid will happen is that some of these "project guns" will scare away players. Some will be afraid of getting lit up by them, while others will inevitably think "how can I even compete with that." Pushing away players is not a good thing, means less people to shoot at.

The P* argument is such a hard one. I'm sure I've probably said this before, but I personally feel that the only appropriate uses for the P* is in a LMG/SAW/HMG or a sniper rifle. I wish everyone else felt this way. With real minimum engagement distances in place, (which most people who run LMG's or Snipers already have a good knowledge of what distances are truly safe for their weapon system) their would be a lot less whining. Unless you got pinged by one! :shock:

As far as what you've got going, with the monster fps? I have suggested that these types of weapons be allowed, with a catch of course. I think if you were put into a tower, or on a rooftop, that the host or game staff have designated for you, given clear direction on what distance is safe, (this could be confirmed and marked with bits of safety tape, pre-game, concentric from your position) then you would have to stay there and fight it out with your sidearm, nades, and radio.

As far as your endgame, you could:

1. Stay and die, fighting to the end, taking as many of those bastards with you as possible. In the meantime, this also would "allow" (LOL) you to become bait for cleaning crews, allowing your teammates to get lots of good kills while you stay hunkered down, eating a sandwich or something.

2. You could bail, losing that position permanently, how you do this could vary also: A) Run, maybe get shot in the a$$. B) You could try and leave with the assistance of teammates via cover fire. or C) Probably the coolest way to get out, would be to have your team have to come extract you by hand. (you would be playing an "injury" bad enough for you to not be able to move on your own, but ok enough to shoot til help shows up.)

Some of these scenarios may require a little slat shooting, that is of course if you want this special character to for sure stay alive until help arrives. This scenario could be used for snipers or support players.

I would also suggest to anyone that runs a DMR or a P*, bring a AEG with you when you go to play, that way if drama ensuses, you can take the high ground, and automatically defuse the situation. Problems eat into game time, and solving these types of problems, same day, typically doesn't turn out well, do to people's stress levels, coupled with adrenaline.

AND YES TO FANS, FOR EVERYONE, FOREVER!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Bootknockn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:42 am

As you can see frostbit, unfortunately there's some strange uninformed thoughs that polarstars magically do more than an aeg. I quite often find myself outgunned and out performed by aegs. It's not the gun it's the way you play. I personally won't go back to an aeg. The trigger response of the polarstar is the bees knees! Simple to adjust and maintain. Truely the only thing you can do differently than an aeg is the rate of fire. Not a fan myself. So I roll on burst. Have only had p* drama at one field which turns out was actually an aeg and more an uninformed host problem than anything else. Majority of fields accept all forms of Gus so long as they fall into the requirements for the event. Without any hesitation of hpa systems. If you switch between indoor and outdoor then the p* is perfect. HPA/P* is about shot to shot consistency, trigger response, ease of maintenance, tune-ability, and most of all reliability. No black magic or devil worshiping involved. I did want to mention you should definitely check out the new tippmann m4. Complete gun for around $450 and comes with a conversion adaptor that allows you to switch between co2 fed mags or hpa tanks. It does run a little different than the polarstar system in that there's no need for the regulator. It does require a high pressure hose if using a hpa tank but the coolest part is the full mechanical system. No batteries, no freezing issues in cold weather like the gas guns, and it has the sweetest blowback system I've felt in any airsoft gun. The swamp in Lebanon is going to be selling these bad boys and has one available to try out. Very, very cool as well as cheaper than a polarstar in the sense of getting an intire gun with options for less than a polarstar fusion engine.
Team Rogue
Bootknockn
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Bootknockn wrote:Have only had p* drama at one field which turns out was actually an aeg and more an uninformed host problem than anything else.

I assume you're talking about the problem at Splat Action when Phantom Fury had concerns about your teams rigs. Me, I'm the host, so when a bunch of people are upset, I'm the one who has to try and make as many people happy as I can. Thank god Phiz was there, because yes, I don't know jack about HPA, and REALLY no offense intended, but it seemed like the people who were upset knew more about how they worked, than the people using them.

I'm also curious about what you mean when you say, the problem was in part an AEG?

I do know that there was a boatload of hacking that day, which I know helped excellerate the stress. Not saying it was team Rogue, but it was people on the team you guys were assigned to. I always get hacking reports, usually think it's the bushes stopping rounds, or whatever. Then I watched Blues video from that day called "WAT!!!", it was incredible with the amount of hacking that was going on, I'm surprised blue didn't just rip someone's face off with his bare hands. Again Blue I commend you for keeping your cool, if I would have known there was that much crap going on, I wouldn't have be joking around with you on the walk off the field.

Again Bootz, no disrespect meant towards your team whatsoever, really. I've enjoyed playing with your teammates at R&R, great guys. So please don't think I'm slamming you guys, I'm not. I'm also not slamming P*s, I think everyone should be able to use whatever set-up they want, as long as it's safe, and am trying to find ways that everyone is comfortable with.

I hope that we can all work together to make this happen.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Custom Projects