Y&P Mk23 SOCOM Suppressor Mod

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Y&P Mk23 SOCOM Suppressor Mod

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:21 am

Hey AP!

I would like to share with the community a custom project of mine: Y&P Mk23 SOCOM Suppressor Mod

It doesn't seem like a lot of folks are using the Y&P Mk23 SOCOM but I really enjoy mine. It was only $40 brand new & it's an exceptional value if you can't pony up for the genuine TM version. The package includes a mock suppressor that increases FPS & slightly decreases loudness... but it ruins accuracy to the point that it's useless in a game! I have created a video for how to mod the suppressor so it actually works properly:

https://youtu.be/Jy43sXpJie4

I think my volume testing method would have been more accurate had I not discharged the gun straight at the Decibel meter because it does sound significantly quieter with the modded suppressor. Anyways, I hope you enjoy my DIY video & I'll see you at OP: BROKEN ARROW!

-- FoxHound
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Y&P Mk23 SOCOM Suppressor Mod

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Wait, what? Water gets hot!?!

Have I been living under a rock?

Well made video Cruz.

Seems like a lot of the noise is coming from the trigger?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:36 pm

Thanks, dude! Yeah, most of the sound is really from the mechanics of the gun's internal parts like trigger, springs, etc.. That's why I put the general disclaimer at the very start of the video about suppression of Airsoft guns.

And, yes, water can get really hot, but what's really nuts is if it gets too hot it just vanishes into the air -- crazy, right?? :shock:
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 am

I have a y&p mk23 that is crazy accurate and is all stock. Maybe you got a lemon.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Custom Projects