[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Homemade landmine? - Page 2 - Custom Projects

Homemade landmine?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: Homemade landmine?

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 pm

That was fun, loved the first comment in the homemade video, "don't use powder, use spiders" THAT is LOL!

Still think the wireless keychain is so baller. 8)

But watching the homemade video reminded me of a few past projects, wanted to pass a tip along to you.
MAKE SURE you triple check all switches and connections BEFORE you start gluing/taping/heatshrinking what have you.

And even with "simple" projects like this, it's still a really good idea to wear safety glasses (yes my Dad was a shop teacher) during the entire process. I willing to bet, for sure, that every old fart tinkerer on here as had something fly up into his face.

Wait... that sounded weird. :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Action Figures LLC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 pm

I spent about a year working on a CO2 powered land mine back in 2002. There is some room for design improvement on existing mines but they are somewhat impractical. As a prop house and milsim event support company, I'd love to have a box of 20 or 30 to create mine fields at the games I work but they are so expensive per unit, plus loss and/or theft, I don't see it being effective. I know the desire to see an idea to fruition and you should. I'd love to see what you come up with but it may or may not end up being a game changer. That being said, if you do get finished units that are revolutionary, let me know. I might be able to use them.
Action Figures LLC
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Solid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:09 pm

I feel like a landmine like this blastin' BB's straight up is a bad idea. I know they probably won't get a lot of velocity, but with this big face protection thing going around with fields right now, BB's coming from the one angle that masks don't protect from is a pretty unattractive area. Hell, even if it's just normal shooting eyepro, most of them don't seal on the bottom like that.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Word up, or gettin it in the bits.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Action Figures LLC » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not looking for a BB thrower. Something makes a bang and maybe throws some powder would be perfect for me.
Action Figures LLC
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby MySwan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Previous

Return to Custom Projects