Airsoft Pacific 2009 Calendar: Green Light!

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Airsoft Pacific 2009 Calendar: Green Light!

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:43 pm

We recently had some discussion crop up about our old calendar project, and some new ideas about a calendar focused around the community. Well, I'm pleased to announce that I have been contacted by a designer who has agreed to take on the entire project of producing an Airsoft Pacific Calendar for 2009... And we're confident we can easily get something together for the first week of January.

The best part about it; deciding which photos make it into the calendar is based on our votes in polls. We all decide as a community which photos will make it into the calendar, and in the end, we all get a really awesome product.

So, if you fancy yourself a photographer with a good eye for cool shots at OPs, start thinking about what you might submit for the calendar. Maybe you've got a hilarious photo from a local event that needs to be printed to ensure ultimate embarrassment factor for the parties involved? Maybe we'll want to feature a costume contest finalist for October? Maybe you have an awesome picture of yourself from a recent event or a team training? Chances are, if the original photos are available in a somewhat decent resolution, we can use them.

Anyway, we'll have more details on the way as for requirements, deadlines, formats and so on.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Switch » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Cool idea! i might have to get some good shots with my new digital camera at the next Skirm i go to.
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Switch » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:24 pm

What size do you want them in? and format too?
Last edited by Switch on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Postby Zerstoer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 pm

well geez, this has been so long in the making, they'll all have hair like this
Zerstoer
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Riddick » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:50 pm

yea for bon jovi groupie
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby GriffGirl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm the one who contacted Matt about the calendar. First I want to say thanks for welcoming me to the community and for supporting this project! I just wrapped up a calendar project for 6gc.net that's been a great success and I'm really excited to contribute to the Airsoft Pacific community the same way. Here's a link to my profile on 6gc, and here's a link to the calendar thread if anyone wants to see it too.

The calendar specs are as follows - it will be a 13 month full color, full bleed, saddle stitched (staples along the "spine" in the middle) calendar that opens to 11 x 17 and is pre-drilled to be hung up.

To be considered for your photo to appear in the calendar, images should be taken with a high quality digital camera at the highest resolution setting you have. The minimum pixel dimensions must be 1024 x 768 although they really should be higher. Resolution should be 180 dpi; unless the pixel dimensions are HUGE, anything smaller will basically look crappy on paper when it's blown up. File types can be JPEG or RAW - RAW is preferred, but I understand not everyone has a DSLR (I sure don't!) so a jpeg works just fine.

Photo submissions can be emailed directly to me at 94CelicaGirl (at) gmail.com. PLEASE put Airsoft Submission in the subject, so nothing gets spam-trapped and I can keep track of everyone's submissions. ;)

As for a deadline - well, it's short notice. I know it. So I'll leave it open for now, until I can gauge what kind a response I get with the contributions. Obviously, the sooner I get submissions, the sooner I can complete the calendar and have them available.

Cost will be $18 shipped anywhere in the US or APO/FPO; $20 International. This will work as a group buy type of deal; I have to print in batches of 25 minimum, so the pre-order group buy scenario will cover the cost of printing. Once the calendar is complete, the turnaround is literally a few days, so if I have at least 25 people who have pre-ordered by that time, I'll have the first batch printed right away. Payment should be made by PayPal... but we'll cover that when the calendar is near completion. I don't want to take anyone's money until we know for sure that the response is good and the calendar is within days of completion.

PLEASE if anyone has any questions or comments, post them! I want everything out in the open; I realize I'm new here, and new people suddenly wanting to sell stuff can come off as pretty shady. I'm not shady, and a few members on here who know me will vouch for me. I'm also local to Matt, and not a hard person to find, therefor it would be pretty easy to kick my butt were I to be a scammer. :lol:

Thanks for reading this epic post.
-Michelle
GriffGirl
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Fred » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I ask for anyone that would like any of my photos to be submitted.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so I can submit a higher res for print.
"Snow'd: high CRI is the blueish LED color, correct?" Poebot
Fred

Team: {FAG}

Postby GriffGirl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 am

bump
GriffGirl
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:44 am

I have a couple of suggestions from Ben Martin in my inbox. I'd also think something from our Halloween contest would be cool for October.
Matt

Postby Zerstoer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:35 pm

So this is going to be an airsoft calender? not the original hot girls with airsoft guns concept?
Zerstoer
Specops
Specops

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Yes, a community calendar for AP members, past events, etc.

Sorry to disappoint if you were looking to get your hot girl fix ;)
Matt

Postby graham. » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Matt wrote:I have a couple of suggestions from Ben Martin in my inbox. I'd also think something from our Halloween contest would be cool for October.

i say use the winning photo...makes sense to me anyways.
graham.
Specops
Specops

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Can we do a "Mothers or airsofters" calender?
"Snow'd: high CRI is the blueish LED color, correct?" Poebot
Fred

Team: {FAG}

Postby Starkist » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Guys,

I can vouch for Michelle, she is a real person and a local. I thisnk it would be pretty cool to have an airsoft calendar for the year.

Submit away!

Jim
Starkist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: RAC 5

Postby GriffGirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:41 am

Matt wrote:Yes, a community calendar for AP members, past events, etc.

Sorry to disappoint if you were looking to get your hot girl fix ;)

Hey, I'm reasonably attractive, maybe that can count for something :lol:

I've gotten a few submissions already, but from what I hear, I thought you guys really wanted this! Have you just been burned in the past with failed promises of calendars? Are convinced it's not really gonna happen? What gives, people?! SEND ME YOUR PHOTOS, DAMNIT! Let's make this happen! ;)
GriffGirl
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Airsoft News