Summer Slaughter (swapmeet, skirmish, Team meet and campout)

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Summer Slaughter (swapmeet, skirmish, Team meet and campout)

Postby Catch22 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 pm

On July 24th, AP & APST would like to invite veteran players, new players and those looking to get into the hobby to Summer Slaughter. Here's your chance to come out and spend the entire day playing airsoft. Buy, sell or trade airsoft replicas and gear. Meet and greet local teams. Get to know the AP community in person. Camp out and have a great time. The price is just $15 for an entire day of play, FREE BBQ, and camping is also included in the cost.

RSVP or find more information on the game thread.

Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby MillerSA15 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Is that $15 for everyone, or just the "veterans", so that the new people can come out for free, or at least a reduced price?
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 pm

$15 admission for everybody.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby MillerSA15 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 pm

I like this idea, but I think it might have a better chance at having a good success rate if it was free for the new guys, especially since for the new guys, they will then have to pay for a rental, or somehow get a gun to use (most likely).

Just a thought.

Maybe put the vendors and trading and rentals all outside the "door" and then if anyone wants to play, then they pay the $15, so that they can get some exposure for free, and if they want to play, they can, but they don't have to pay just to show up? If you guys think you will get the turnout you want asking for $15 from everyone regardless, go for it, but I just have the feeling it will hurt the turnout.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Deleteplz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I should be there. Game sounds like it will be fun.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Team: N/A

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:00 pm

phoenix1421 wrote:I like this idea, but I think it might have a better chance at having a good success rate if it was free for the new guys, especially since for the new guys, they will then have to pay for a rental, or somehow get a gun to use (most likely).

Just a thought.

Maybe put the vendors and trading and rentals all outside the "door" and then if anyone wants to play, then they pay the $15, so that they can get some exposure for free, and if they want to play, they can, but they don't have to pay just to show up? If you guys think you will get the turnout you want asking for $15 from everyone regardless, go for it, but I just have the feeling it will hurt the turnout.

The event is about as dirt cheap as it can get. We have to pay per-person to use the venue either way. Folks pay for parking and admission to go to a gun show, this is the same thing... Except there's a free BBQ, camping, prizes given away, and there's games you can join in if you have an AEG. Even if they don't have a gun I'm sure many folks will have loaners available, in some cases even for free.

Even if they did pay for a rental most likely costs wouldn't be more than $30. A day of paintball is still more expensive. $15 field fee for a paintball park, $25 on field paint, $20 on gear rentals = $60 just to get started.
Matt

Postby MillerSA15 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Matt wrote:
phoenix1421 wrote:I like this idea, but I think it might have a better chance at having a good success rate if it was free for the new guys, especially since for the new guys, they will then have to pay for a rental, or somehow get a gun to use (most likely).

Just a thought.

The event is about as dirt cheap as it can get. We have to pay per-person to use the venue either way. Folks pay for parking and admission to go to a gun show, this is the same thing... Except there's a free BBQ, camping, prizes given away, and there's games you can join in if you have an AEG. Even if they don't have a gun I'm sure many folks will have loaners available, in some cases even for free.

Even if they did pay for a rental most likely costs wouldn't be more than $30. A day of paintball is still more expensive. $15 field fee for a paintball park, $25 on field paint, $20 on gear rentals = $60 just to get started.

Hmmm good point. I didn't realize you guys had to pay a fee per person as it was. Although if this was made into an annual event, finding a site that could be used for free, in order to make the event free (or even cheaper) would be worth looking into. As it is, it sounds awesome, sucks I can't make it, because I will be out of town.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Deathlycobra » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 am

Im VERY interested in this, be great to meet everyone, and it is summer. Im going to try TRY and be there.
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Postby Stalker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 pm

this sounds like a blast!! i'll be out with my guys there. this will likely be my last event for the year since i go off for training the following weekend.
Echo 1 M4 Tactical Carbine

If it's not raining, I'm not training!!
Stalker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Ok I have everyone who spoke up here accounted for, but for anybody else please keep your RSVP replies in this thread. Thanks!
Matt

Postby Deathlycobra » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Oh, my bad Matt.
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Postby Prophet » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm

phoenix1421 wrote:Is that $15 for everyone, or just the "veterans", so that the new people can come out for free, or at least a reduced price?

then everybody'd be posing as a new guy if that was happening! :lol:
oh, by the way, why is this reposted? (sorry for the sumbass question) did catch wanna get in on the comment love?
Please, I insist.
Prophet
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Airsoft News