[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
California Senate Bill 798, what can we do? - Page 8 - Airsoft News

California Senate Bill 798, what can we do?

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Postby Catch22 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Last edited by Catch22 on Mon May 23, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Last edited by KA-BAR on Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Team: N/A

Postby Catch22 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Catch22

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 23, 2011 5:29 pm

I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Catch22 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Catch22

Postby nb » Mon May 23, 2011 6:25 pm

nb
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm

here.... this shotgun is REAL.

its painted bright fire engine red and royal blue. it looks lie a toy gun. if a cop becomes desensitized by bright colors...and belives that if he sees them its a harmless replica or a toy... it could cost him his life. it doesnt matter if its bright and friendly looking a cop just might shoot your kid for pointing it at him. why, because the kid is a idiot shazaam and belives its just a toy, and he is playing cops and robbers, and he wants to be robert dinero for the day and play heat. either way its a cop who winds up dead on poor judgment or a kid who winds up dead on poor judgement.

nuff said.
Last edited by KA-BAR on Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KA-BAR

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Exactly. So what's the point of making fake guns look like that?
Ivan Daylovich™

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 23, 2011 7:04 pm

i say stricter laws and penalties should be placed on parents for negligence and no parental supervision. you cant punish the child. so i say punish the parents with heavy fines and possible criminal charges and possible loss of custody.
KA-BAR

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Why can't you punish the child?
Ivan Daylovich™

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 pm

because once they turn 18....its all expunged and taken off the record.

unless the do a hienous crime and hold up a bank with a airsoft gun, or scare someone so bad they go into cardiac arrest....or anything else malicious. they should be held accountable.

but i say double jepordy and penalize the parent also. then maybe parents will change the way they parent their kids....and we wont have to change how we play a game with replica firearms as adults.
KA-BAR

Postby Catch22 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Pointing anything at a cop can get you shot. reaching for anything suddenly can get you shot. The problem isn't toy guns. The problem is doing dumb things around cops.
Catch22

Postby Miracle » Mon May 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Miracle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Haloeclipse » Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

People can take ownership of this game and community, or not. Instead of bitching about stoopid kids with improper guidance, man up and show them the ropes. Nanny state? Because theres been how many examples of effective nanny state approaches from the US government? Take your time answering I know it may take awhile to find. like any other additional government oversight and regulation, it most likely will stop nothing and simply add another level of stupidity. The best idea is to never encourage, even by proxy, stupid legislation, its hard enough preventing it in the first place.

This attitude of shazaam kids, blame the parents, I'm not their nanny causes the exact problems y'all are bitching about. You are worse than the parent that didn't teach them because you DO know better. This is an airsoft community, as in we should try and help eachother, not just ostracize or falsely blame the youngins. I've seen easily as many stupid adults as I have kids. Ive seen more kids just lookin to have a fun time at a game, than I have adults with there easily bruised ego.. You can't stop stupid but it is a moronic, simplistic, and ultimately, *wrong* answer to simply use minors as the scapegoat. Take a look at yourselves and ask, what have *I* done to better the community the hobby and those looking to get into it? It takes more than simply calling your hits or knowing how to build and operate a toy sniper rifle.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

PreviousNext

Return to Airsoft News