California Senate Bill 798, what can we do?

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Postby Ranger Commie » Thu May 26, 2011 5:34 pm

To lazy to restate this and quote.
Universal Commie wrote:If you get an airsoft gun. Clear or not I think you need ANTI-DUMB-ASS training.

AKA safety course and hell a card.
I believe it's done with guns. Do it here too and breaking safety rules comes the mandatory breaking of your airsoft rifle.
Two things are infinite, The Universe and Human stupidity, And I'm not sure about the Universe.
-Albert Einstein
Switchback wrote:Don't do shady deals in the classifieds before you have someones hand print on one of your butt cheeks.
Ranger Commie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Thu May 26, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm pretty sure any random person of age can buy a gun with a few exceptions based upon past actions (Felonies, declared insane, ect.)

Don't think there is any mandatory training to purchase a gun.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby dr.feelgood » Thu May 26, 2011 5:44 pm

I haven't quite read the whole thread, but isn't such a discussion much like the drones squabbling about the queen. Do we as a group (airsoft pacific players) have any control over what happens beyond encouraging some hosts to 'ban the youth?'
RDWHAHB
dr.feelgood
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby Catch22 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:46 pm

There are already enough laws in place to deal with kids and adults using airsoft guns where they shouldn't. Police already confiscate airsoft guns, and arrest those who break the law (ie playing inside city limits) there's no need for more government regulation.

Education and inclusion is the answer.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jester316 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Nasty: I'll refer back to my earlier statement (which has been made now 3 times in this thread...):

Jester316 wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again:
An adult get shot brandishing an airsoft gun, and it's his own fault because he should have known better. He is accountable for his own actions.

A kid get shot brandishing an airsoft gun, and it's the airsoft guns fault because it looked to much like a real gun. Don't even consider that his ACTIONS were what got him shot.

Somewhat related:
Also, there are multitudes of stores that sell airsoft guns to underage kids. I was at a trinket shop in Depoe Bay yesterday, and witnessed the owner sell a UHC spring pistol to a kid no more than 9 years old. After the transaction, I approached the woman and informed her that what she had done was illegal (myself, my fiance, and the owner were the only other people in the store). She said she didn't care, and that she sold at least 5 airsoft guns a week. She said that the police were to busy to do anything about it, and it was steady income into a shop that was very seasonal.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Catch22 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Sounds like you guys need to change society's way of thinking. Go get the cops to enforce the laws we already have, and get others to quit breaking the law. Good luck....
Catch22

Postby Wisenheimer » Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Catch22 wrote:Sounds like you guys need to change society's way of thinking...

&
Catch22 wrote:Education and inclusion is the answer.

^This.
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Batsy39 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 am

The important distinction to make is between airsoft guns and toy guns. Kids not being allowed to play with toy guns would be a huge leap from every previous generation and would be silly. Even kids with BB guns seems to not be a problem. The fundamental difference is that toy guns don't shoot anything substantial and BB guns are not marketed to shoot at other people and are treated more like RS firearms. Airsoft guns need to be established as their own class of firearm (or whatever). This is the main problem. Also, throwing people in jail (especially kids or their parents) for playing with airguns in their backyards while maybe looking like a decent quick fix is moronic and leads to a greater burden on society as the repercussions of losing a parent or serving jail time a young age will damage a child to an extreme degree that will likely foster a violent and lawless future (being in jail at a young age destroys education opportunities etc). It should result in confiscation of the weapons and possibly a small fine. Enough to wake up the parents with out needlessly damaging their lives (which again is bad for SOCIETY not just that individual). In the end it's lie everyone has said: People need to be educated.
Death? What do y'all know 'bout death?
Batsy39
Grunt
Grunt

Postby lilwil » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Batsy39 wrote:The important distinction to make is between airsoft guns and toy guns. Kids not being allowed to play with toy guns would be a huge leap from every previous generation and would be silly. Even kids with BB guns seems to not be a problem. The fundamental difference is that toy guns don't shoot anything substantial and BB guns are not marketed to shoot at other people and are treated more like RS firearms. Airsoft guns need to be established as their own class of firearm (or whatever). This is the main problem. Also, throwing people in jail (especially kids or their parents) for playing with airguns in their backyards while maybe looking like a decent quick fix is moronic and leads to a greater burden on society as the repercussions of losing a parent or serving jail time a young age will damage a child to an extreme degree that will likely foster a violent and lawless future (being in jail at a young age destroys education opportunities etc). It should result in confiscation of the weapons and possibly a small fine. Enough to wake up the parents with out needlessly damaging their lives (which again is bad for SOCIETY not just that individual). In the end it's lie everyone has said: People need to be educated.

Slavery is good for society, we should bring that back. And the roman legions. nothing will make an opposing army go wtf? like a thousand men in testudo formation.
She said I raped her? Well, where there is a Will there is a way. But just remember, if it wasn't Lil, it wasn't Wil.

Juicemachine: lilwil (the self-provlaimed racist) wrote:
Your hatred is based on ignorance.

IR the self-provlaimed racist:)
lilwil
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Wisenheimer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 pm

lilwil wrote:blahblahblah. nothing will make an opposing army go wtf? like a thousand men in TUXEDOS.

Fixed. :D
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 pm

^ like :D
"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"-Mary Pickford
Nimrod
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Batsy39 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:37 am

lilwil wrote:Slavery is good for society, we should bring that back. And the roman legions. nothing will make an opposing army go wtf? like a thousand men in testudo formation.

Slavery actually isn't good for society (I can't believe I'm having to say this). it's very good for the economy of a few people but very bad for a huge percentage of others. It's only good for society if you don't consider those that are enslaved people. However, judging from the overall lack of logic in your post I wouldn't be surprised if you actually believed that. I strongly hope that you are just trolling and are not actually that incompetent. As far as the roman legions I don't really see the effect of that on society, but I'll admit I don't know much about it. Furthermore, why are you trying to argue AGAINST working towards the good of the whole? That is pointless and mindbogglingly stupid. Again, I hope you are just trolling. If that's so then, well, my mistake for biting on the hook.

Also, an army of tuxedo-clad soldiers= an army of James Bonds javascript:emoticon(':shock:') javascript:emoticon('8)')
Batsy39
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Batsy39 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Nasty wrote:
Batsy39 wrote:it's very good for the economy of a few people but very bad for a huge percentage of others.

That's pretty much our current economy.

Also no, he is not trolling.

So I assume you're saying the current economy has flaws that lead to unfairness? I agree. So should we add slavery and make it worse? I think you'd have to be cynical and ignorant to say that we should. Also, let's not confuse the issue; I specifically refer to the economy so as to highlight the difference between the economy and social wellbeing. Also, airsoft somehow ties to this I guess I think, we've strayed quite a bit :D
Batsy39
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Catch22 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Now that we're totally of topic.....

Lock
Catch22

Previous

Return to Airsoft News