Salem Airsoft Shop and More

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Salem Airsoft Shop and More

Postby Riddick » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey everyone, most you know by now I sell airsoft items and host events. Well what many of you didn't know was that I have been in the middle of opening a airsoft shop the past couple of months.

I wanted to take a little bit of time today to expose my new project and some cool and exciting offerings in the future.

Let's start with

The Airsoft Shop.

This is who we are:

This is where we are located:
1185 12th St. SE
Salem, OR 97302

The gun store hours are:
Monday thru Saturday 11-6

Blackwater Tactical are more of a high end gun store that specializes in a ton of stuff. The shop is renowed for their awesome customer service and attitude and great prices.

Here are photos of the store:

NOW ONTO THE AIRSOFT PORTION "Where I come in"

This is my section:

Sorry for the blurry photos. My area is not super huge, it's more than enough as a starting point (end goal is PDX location and that maybe a very soon reality). I will only sell products from reptuable manufacturers which is a rather small list. You will never hear me place the blame on the manufacturers for selling you junk. If it's crap, I won't sell it. If it's from some company that I cannot speak with, I will not sell it.

I will be now be known as Blackwater Tactical Airsoft flying under the Blackwater Tactical banner. I have not finalized the store hours yet but I will be open Sat & SUNDAY for sure unless I am attending an event or hosting one which I will post on my website (being created now).

I will be open sometime in the months of October/November and will make an announcement as I draw closer.

Be prepared for new and exciting ways to purchase airsoft from your local retailer and have that different but better customer to retailer relationship. Oh and yeah awesome prices as well.

ONTO Event Hosting

Despite having the shop. I will still be providing Airsoft Events as well.

2012 is going to mark a completely new way of hosting games from me as I break away from traditional event hosting formulas and go more of the way of entertainment with much more props, post game value such as Gaming tournaments and outdoor movies and totally inclusive style of events where you pay the fee at the door and your meals, extras and entertainment are all provided for you.

However for the players still looking for that bargain basement hosting and game value - I may not be your cup of tea anymore but let's see where I end up.

I have begun the acquistion of serious props such as demilled AT4 rocket launchers and some home built rocket launcher systems and various military surplus. Got a large outdoor movie screen, sound system, projector and nice generator along with a new battery recharge station.

I have come to an agreement with warpaint to provide weekday airsoft games during the good weather times of the year. I am working with schools for after school programs for youth during the summer. Begin the working of a league style system for team competitions and a slew of other ideas.

I also will be trying to start blocking some of my popular games into weekend events so that I can free up more time for you other guys hosting out there ;-)

Anyways I am excited and pumped. I don't need any of your "debbie downer messages" or "tell me how I should be doing it" Hopefully show some support and excitement and look out for 2012. It's going to be awesome and I will be "winning"
Last edited by Riddick on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Riddick

Team: N/A

Postby Mufasa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:20 am

Damn, awesome to see you finally got yourself a store front. Looks great, will have to stop in and take a look in person next time I'm on the way to Portland. For being so little looks like you got some good stuff.
Congrats.
"Bullets sound the same in every language."
Mufasa
Ranger
Ranger

Postby code789 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:15 am

can't wait already, BTAS better shut Extreme Velocity down with their ripoff prices ;), and i sure am prepared to go broke for my fall term :?
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Chachi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:59 am

Nice Rick! I am happy for you, and also glad that there is somewhere relatively close to Corvallis for me. Good luck Rick, and your ideas for games and the shop are very forward thinking to develop the sport further, and I think that is great. I wish you well bud!
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ogrejager » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 am

Rick--will you have a gun tech? I'd love a closer place than AONW to take my guns for work.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 am

Sounds good, Rick. Salem needs more in the way of shops.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Riddick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am

ogrejager wrote:Rick--will you have a gun tech? I'd love a closer place than AONW to take my guns for work.

Yes we will. But not at the ridiculous rate of $40 per hour that seems to have become the industry standard. We will be doing all repair work at $25 per hour or a fixed rate that is reasonable and will provide some additional services like when you take your car to oil can henrys or jiffy lube. Check skimming, before and after fps readings, clean inner barrel, check for compression and relube all o-rings and visually inspect the gearbox.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Chairmanlao » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 am

I wish you the very best for your business!
I will check it out for sure. :D
Thanks for putting another airsoft location in oregon!
Chairmanlao
Soldier
Soldier

Postby john boy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 am

Good luck bro...
john boy
Specops
Specops

Team: RAC 5

Postby Riddick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 pm

thanks guys. It's been a long time in the making. Keep an eye out for more announcements and new website coming soon.

We will not be offering any online sales via a website. I feel that there is just too many competitors and that's the easy solution to the airsoft retail section. I would rather focus on the face 2 face experiance with customers but that doesn't mean you can't call me up and ask if I have an item and send it out to you.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Hamster » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:59 pm

If I ever find myself in Salem, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi or something and check the place out.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Lushes » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 pm

I am for sure going to stop by! I always like going to Salem
“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”
- George Carlin -
Lushes
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Great! Best of luck to you, Sir. I will stop by next time I am in the area.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby MisterTwisted » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Sounds like you don't need luck riddick... You already have a solid following. I can't wait to see more of your game ideas bro. If they are anything like Op Jungle Express 2012 will be one kick a$$ year.
MisterTwisted
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Alliababwa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 pm

This is awesome Riddick! Good luck with the store front. :)
It is pootis time.
Alliababwa
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Airsoft News