Salem Airsoft Shop and More

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Postby Hutch » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:16 am

damn, I gotta come check this place out!
"There was never a bad war, or a good peace." -F war quotes
Hutch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby ScaredShooter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Cool man. Thanks for everything that you've given the community in the way of big games and bargain deals on guns and gear.

Since this looks like there's more to come, I'm excited.

Can't wait to see your airsoft storefront open, I'd love to drop in and check it out.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:15 pm

There may be a lot of online competitors, but if it means a handful of sales that happen online vs. not happening at all because you didn't online option, it would be worth it. It's also advertising. Maybe not in the short term, but I would consider it a must down the road. There's not much overhead to it.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Lunchbox » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Always good to see another shop, especially from a dependable guy! Good luck Riddick, hopefully I can make it down there soon
G.O.A.T.
Thomas Gabriel: On your tombstone it should say "Always in the wrong place at the wrong time".
John McClane: How about "Yippi-kay-ay, meanie"
Lunchbox
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Riddick » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:54 pm

ScaredShooter wrote:Cool man. Thanks for everything that you've given the community in the way of big games and bargain deals on guns and gear.

Since this looks like there's more to come, I'm excited.

Can't wait to see your airsoft storefront open, I'd love to drop in and check it out.

Thanks for the recognition. Mucho appreciated. In terms of some of the cool things that evike and aisoftgi offer, I will also be bringing some of them to the local store front as well.

Things like mystery boxes, % OFF sidewalk sales and a junkyard bin. I'll also offer a yearly PAID membership that gives you 10 to 15% off everyday items depending on what level you pay for. Buy 4 bags of ammo "in-store" get 1 bag free and a rewards system on top of it all and last but not least I will be open on SUNDAYS!!!! WOOOT.

Also got a pretty badass black friday in the works.

The cool thing also is that there is a full service gun shop that is known for their great pricing and awesome customer service. So if your into real steel there will be great opportunities to score deals on that as well.

I am not looking at trying to be mega rich from this endeavor. I just want to do well enough to support my family and give them the life they deserve while saving you some money in the process and offering awesome customer service. I am super excited about this and you should be as well.

Events I am excited for next year with the changes I have in mind and the different approach I will be taking with them but there will be fewer I will be doing next year on the grand scale of things ( I'm sure there's some applause out there ;-) ) between the weekly partnership I am making with warpaint for doing after school and summertime "weekday" games and running airsoft at sniperzden there just isnt enough to do many big games and that's okay.

"@ santos" I've done the online thing the past 2 years and it was okay. However my model and ethics just dont work for me on the internet scheme however it doesn't mean someone couldn't call me up and pay over the phone and have me ship it to them. It also doesn't mean I won't take a look at it in the future but I have my hand in so many small fires that until I get fully established and get staffing in the future (i'll let you guys know), I want to focus on certain aspects I have outlined in my business model first as my first plan of attack.

I have sold airsoft since late 2003 and was the second business in Oregon to offer it. The first was a company called Advanced Airsoft. While I am no newcomber to the scene, I still certainly have alot to learn and look forward to the support and guidance of my supporters.

I am excite, so should you.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Minerva » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am

Will you be stocking the PR-15? ;)
"Minerva's hot dog is the biggest"-Minerva
Minerva
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Riddick » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:08 am

I might carry one but I'm not sure at this point. They are very expensive and kind of a niche market. If it happens it won't be right away. Rather invest in the definate winners items.
Riddick

Postby ZombieMan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:45 pm

I am happy to see you are making this dream real. I'm proud of you buddy and I will be sending people your way.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 pm

^^^Click logo above to be redirected to facebook page^^^

or

http://www.facebook.com/BlackwaterTacticalAirsoft

facebook page created.

this is where you will find information about new products, events and general store information. Website is in the works as well.

Hours and store phone number has been listed.

The soft opening date is October 14th, 2011 with a grand opening scheduled for November 2011

like us so you can stay on top of the news
Riddick

Postby Shin Ronin-X-_UDT » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Riddick....I Lub you! :badgrin: I live in Salem, and know exactly where that shop is! Only place in town to get GBB WE Mags! Cant wait for you to open up and get more events going!
This is MY BOOMSTICK!
Shin Ronin-X-_UDT
Grunt
Grunt

Postby R.O.B. » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Congratulations are in order…drinks all around

As a business owner for going on six years, I can tell you that nothing I've done since the days of playing Rambo for the big green weenie has been more stressful, more difficult, nor more rewarding.

There's the business plan... which will be about as useful as one square of toilet paper the morning after an all-you-can-eat night at the local taco bar.
There are the taxes...holy sh*t-fire! Tax season for the small business owner is like being [edited for content]
There’s the gross profit of +++++ with the net profit of ---------
You become; the janitor, accountant, paralegal, plumber, electrician, IT, HR, AR/AP, Sales, Shipping/Receiving, etc.

Hey, look on the bright side – 90% of all start-ups fail within the first year…so you have that going for you. (Actual stats suggest that about 60% fail within the first four years of operation.)

The one piece of advice that I can offer is something that my old high school football coach used to tell me, ‘Banes! If you’re going to fall…fall forward!’

You're not always going to get it right, but so long as you're falling forward...you're making progress.

Semper flexibilis,

-R.O.B.
R.O.B.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Shin Ronin-X-_UDT wrote:Riddick....I Lub you! :badgrin: I live in Salem, and know exactly where that shop is! Only place in town to get GBB WE Mags! Cant wait for you to open up and get more events going!

Thanks browski. It's a long time in the making. Been doing this since 2003 and just now finally making the full plunge.

If you want to save some money, check out the facebook page of mine in my signature for the shop. I have a crazy promotion I am running to save you guys money.
Riddick

Postby Pacman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Good luck with the endeavor! I can't wait to see the setup
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Eyes On » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:03 pm

FWIW, I work for Ricks competition. I've known him for... 8 or maybe 9 years? (Christ I can't even tell anymore). I've always known Rick to be a stand-up guy who has worked hard to make sure that his customers are happy with their purchases.

Good luck with the store Rick.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

It's nice to get a good local shop in town, Besides shipping can cost an arm and a leg...
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Airsoft News