ICS M1 Garand at Shot Show

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Postby McNair » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 am

I think the whole point of a garand is to have projectiles come out the end of the barrel when you pull the trigger. The sound is makes when it's empty is of no concern. Having your clips fly out isn't cost effective either. Even shooting real steel, we keep our clips.
McNair

Team: N/A

Re: ICS M1 Garand at Shot Show

Postby drpepper475 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 am

I think it would be cool to have a m14 mag but be GBB
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 am

drpepper475 wrote:I think it would be cool to have a m14 mag but be GBB

They have that. It's called *drumroll* an M14. WE makes a GBB one.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Re:

Postby wikingwarrior » Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm

McNair wrote:I think the whole point of a garand is to have projectiles come out the end of the barrel when you pull the trigger. The sound is makes when it's empty is of no concern. Having your clips fly out isn't cost effective either. Even shooting real steel, we keep our clips.

Have you ever heard the Garand's "ping" it's one of the most distinctive sounds associated with a firearm, it would be like having an M4 without an adjustable stock, technically okay for airsoft but it leaves a little umph out of the realism department.
wikingwarrior
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Re:

Postby VogonFord » Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 pm

wikingwarrior wrote:Have you ever heard the Garand's "ping" it's one of the most distinctive sounds associated with a firearm, it would be like having an M4 without an adjustable stock, technically okay for airsoft but it leaves a little umph out of the realism department.

It's not that loud. Have you ever fired an M1?

Yeah, it's distinctive, but it's hard to replicate. I'd rather have functionality over total realism, and besides, on the realism department, the more distinctive part is the recoil, which to that level would basically be impossible in airsoft.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby McNair » Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 pm

wikingwarrior wrote:
McNair wrote:I think the whole point of a garand is to have projectiles come out the end of the barrel when you pull the trigger. The sound is makes when it's empty is of no concern. Having your clips fly out isn't cost effective either. Even shooting real steel, we keep our clips.

Have you ever heard the Garand's "ping" it's one of the most distinctive sounds associated with a firearm, it would be like having an M4 without an adjustable stock, technically okay for airsoft but it leaves a little umph out of the realism department.

Yes, I have obviously heard the *ping* from an M1 Garand when the clip is empty and it self-ejects from the rifle. With a little reading comprehension, one would have assumed that from my comment, "we keep our clips".

You're focusing on "oooh, shiny, that's cool", and not, "shazaam, I have to pick up my clips every 8 rounds or buy new ones".
McNair

Postby Darius137 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 am

I hope it comes with a hicap option.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby wikingwarrior » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 am

VogonFord wrote:
wikingwarrior wrote:Have you ever heard the Garand's "ping" it's one of the most distinctive sounds associated with a firearm, it would be like having an M4 without an adjustable stock, technically okay for airsoft but it leaves a little umph out of the realism department.

Yeah, it's distinctive, but it's hard to replicate. I'd rather have functionality over total realism, and besides, on the realism department, the more distinctive part is the recoil, which to that level would basically be impossible in airsoft.

I know, it's probably not going to have it, but it's just a part of the gun I wish they could replicate, oh well depending on the price I'll buy it anyways...
wikingwarrior
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 am

wikingwarrior wrote:
VogonFord wrote:

I know, it's probably not going to have it, but it's just a part of the gun I wish they could replicate, oh well depending on the price I'll buy it anyways...

They do something similar with the K98 and have ejecting shells with one BB in each one.

Then nobody bought them. Doesn't help that the rest of the gun was garbage.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Previous

Return to Airsoft News