Danner Tachyon at Shot Show

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Danner Tachyon at Shot Show

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Last year at Shot Show we were impressed by the light weight Danner Melee. This year, we're impressed yet again by the even lighter weight Danner Tachyon. At only 26 oz, this is Danner's lightest weight boot ever, built with small missions in mind to reduce the overall weight without sacrificing much durability.

We had a chance to look at the Tachyon and Tim even tried a pair on. Boots like these can be perfect for Airsoft operations, given that we're typically only active for 4 to 6 hours at a time. Still, we sprint a lot from cover to cover and heavy boots can really cut into our ability to maneuver quickly. It's great to see more options for light weight boots entering the market. The Tachyon is available now in tan, black, and sage green. We were impressed by how quickly they laced up and how comfortable the fit was.

These retail for right around $140. See our video below for more information.

Additional Photos:

18679 18600 18596
Matt

Team: APST

Re: Danner Tachyon at Shot Show

Postby Darius137 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 am

And those tactical nipples in the polo.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Re: Danner Tachyon at Shot Show

Postby Darius137 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 pm

I bought a pair of the Danner Tachyon's in black for my Russian impression (needed black boots, too many tan ones for Army stuff).

They're light! And local (well, not locally made, but a local company). Also, I trust Danner. Most of all, they come in wide sizes unlike the Nike SFBs. I think they will hold up better than the Nike SFBs, too.

I've worn them on two ruck marches, and no hot spots or blisters at all. Very comfortable and fit and work awesome right out of the box.

Next pair of tan boots I get will be Danner Tachyons.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Return to Airsoft News