New to PNW, still a newbie

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New to PNW, still a newbie

Postby sparrow » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Hey there,

About a year ago I got my first taste of Milsim and have slowly been trying to get more involved with it since. Now I'm finally weening myself off of being the dead weight and borrowing my buddies gear. Unfortunately I'm going to have to find a new group in the area.

I'm in the process of making my way from Minnesota to Portland for work. Thankfully my new job will not only put me in the middle of some amazing scenery, but it seems to me like there's a bustling airsoft scene that can kick my a$$ seven ways to Sunday. Hell, I may be able to even upgrade half of the stuff I've already bought eventually.

Mainly was writing to say "hello" and identify myself as a new face that will be lurking around. Feel free to ask any questions or point me in the right direction before I dig it out from some of the boards.

Cheers!
sparrow
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: New to PNW, still a newbie

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Welcome
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby sparrow » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks bud!

I'd also like to add: If anyone in the area would be willing to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of some local games this summer, that'd be really awesome. Otherwise I'll just be poaching some of the game listings on the board.
sparrow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Shortbu » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Summer Slaughter in July is a blast, and it's geared towards all levels of players. Swap meet, team booths, vendors with tons of items for sale, raffles,day games, night game, free camping, and a Bon fire.
Riddicks game on Memorial weekend should also be good times.
The Swamp game this weekend should be a blast. And the Silverton skirms are usually free( or minimal charge), and lots of fun. R&R puts on games usually at least once a month, are reasonably priced, and have nice amenities.
There's lots of opportunity to get some quality trigger time around here.
Welcome to the community, hope to see you out there.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby sparrow » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Sounds like the place to be. Hopefully I can put my kit to the test by then, too.
sparrow
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Introductions and Orientation