Hey Hey!

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Hey Hey!

Postby Frin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:49 am

Hey there everyone!

I was over at the Hillsboro Expo and I was told if I am really interested in getting into airsoft seriously I should join this forum, so here I am. I have no actual experience airsofting as it has been made obvious spring guns in the back yard don't count. I have wanted to get in to airsofting seriously for a while, but never really committed before, and now that I'm out of highschool and actually feel like committing, I'm not planning on staying in the west coast area. Anyway I do expect to be here for another year or so and I hope to become at least mildly active.

I'm stoked to be part of this community because I've never been able to airsoft without those punks that just make it no fun. I hope I can quickly assimilate and not cause too many headaches. I totally accept the title of noob at this point, but I hope to be able to shed it at least by the time I'm heading out. I probably won't start showing up at events for another month, but hopefully I'll get out before then.

I hope to see you all on the field. - Jake Jessop
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Hey Hey!

Postby ThunderKissNW » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:41 am

Welcome!
We have the best pricing in the NW for airsoft gear.
And now we offer the best indoor experience for our great community.
ThunderKissNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: 14602 NE Fourth Plain Rd, Suite J, Vancouver, Wa 98682

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:03 am

Welcome! Awesome that you got to see the expo as your first airsoft outing. Did you win anything?

So it starts with the gear, I would suggest going out to the next game at Camp R&R. K&M Rentals will be able to help you out. The games run fast and smooth. All levels of players come to this field. If you don't have camo gear yet, you can hop on Tan Team, and probably wear what you have on now!

Check out what the others are using/wearing, don't be afraid to ask someone about their gear. Same with in the game, if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing, or going? Just ask, everybody is typically friendly there. Free camping too, but unless you like camping in this weather, I'd wait till summer.

Again, Welcome!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:13 am

Glad to seeing you signed up on the forum. Great place to find out info on all kinds of stuff. Spend smart money! Don't go out to one of these hunting stores and buy the duck hunting gear like some do. Waste of money. But I'm sure if you need help finding something just msg anyone or a few of them or even start a thread on needing help finding what may work best for ya. There is another swap meet coming up as well on March 21st and 22nd at sniperzden in St Paul. Another great place for basic gear and camo clothes. I believe we met at the expo and talking about this AP site. But if you have any questions I'll help you out the best I can.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ogrejager » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am

Cyclops wrote:Don't go out to one of these hunting stores and buy the duck hunting gear like some do. Waste of money.

Umm...no.

But for airsoft, I'd buy different stuff.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Frin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:13 pm

No sadly I did not win anything, I'm still as gearless as I was before. I hope to be getting a gun by this coming weekend though. I'm looking at the G&G CM16 Raider from extreme velocity. My brother RJessop (Ray Jessop) is actually the one looking in to it, but it'll be what I'll be using.
Those who say it can't be done are just getting in the way of the people who are doing it.
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:46 pm

So Rob, have you switched over to steel shot? Have they made that a law yet?

Just wondering, cuz I would imagine you eat those, or is the meat for the dogs?
Asking cuz that damn first pic makes me hungry. Some plum sauce, or some honey mustard, oh man.
Last edited by ClownBaby on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:29 pm

The Raider is a good gun! Just get the short one! The one thing many players do to their gun is a tight bore barrel. Put a 363mm 6.01 or the 6.03 barrel in. It will be longer then your orange tip which every player takes off. Buy a mock silencer long enough to cover the inner barrel. Maybe an inch or two longer. IF you get the Raider long and down the road you want to put a different tip or add a mock silencer your gun will be really long making it hard to move in brush and clearing buildings.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Frin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 am

Alright, thanks for the info!
Those who say it can't be done are just getting in the way of the people who are doing it.
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Welcome to the mad mad world of pew pew! Just a word of advice: gear can be spendy, and good gear can be really spendy! Take your time, and do your research. There is a shit ton of stuff that looks really cool, and you'll be tempted, but in all reality, a lot of it is purely for fashion.
Think about how you'd like to run, and buy your gear accordingly. A lot of noobs want to run the sniper role, if that's something you're interested in, PM me and I'll do my best to talk you out of it, lol.
As far as CAMO goes, most games will have a faction of people in civilian clothes. I ran my first few games that way, and had a blast. I would focus on a quality replica, a smart charger, a couple batteries, and a couple mags. As far as a loadOut goes, the NC Star chest rig is like $30-$40, and will suit you just fine till you figure out exactly how you'd like your loadout set up. My son has 2 spendy plate carriers, all set up with pouches and hydration, and half the time he uses his NC Star chest rig, because it's lightweight, simple, and holds pretty much all he needs.
Basically, spend your money wisely, cuz there's a lot of stuff to buy, and a lot of it is purely for fashion. If you have questions, you can always PM me. If I don't have the answer, I know a butt load of people who do. (BTW:Rentax is a wealth of knowledge)
Welcome to the game, hope to see ya out there!
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Frin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Yeah I don't think I'd be interested in a sniper role, never really been my style. Thanks for all the great information you guy's have given me. for the time being I'll probably just role civilian style. I was gonna check goodwill for anything that might be a bit better than blue jeans and sneaker, but we'll see. Thanks for all the help guys. Hope to see you on the field soon.
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Introductions and Orientation