FNG

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

FNG

Postby AFDODGE1500 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:17 am

Hello everyone, just joined the forum and just got my son and I some G&G rifles looking to join a team and get involved with the Airsoft culture. I am retired military and moved back to Oregon about 18 mos ago and looking for a hobby for me and my son to share since I was gone so much when Active Duty. Please if you need teammates let me know we are in Albany and would love to learn. Thank you in advance!
AFDODGE1500
Recruit
Recruit

Team: F.A.R.T

Re: FNG

Postby ogrejager » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:03 am

Everyone on here will give you the same advice. Go to a few games, hang out, find some guys you enjoy spending time with. Then you'll sorta start playing with them all the time. Suddenly, you'll find yourself on their team.

Kudos, by the way, for finding a hobby to do with your boy. You'll have fun together. Our team has a father/son on it--they're a riot to watch together.

Finally, thanks for the proper use of English in your post.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Rentax » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Welcome, how old's your son?
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby AFDODGE1500 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Rentax wrote:Welcome, how old's your son?
He is 14!
AFDODGE1500
Recruit
Recruit

Team: F.A.R.T

Postby Shortbu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am

1st and foremost, thank you for your service and sacrifice!
Next, I have to say kudos for getting involved in a hobby with your son. I beleive I'm the dad that Ogre was referring to on his team. My boys now 18, and I got started in airsoft to spend time with him outside of baseball, and I now believe I'am more addicted to it than he is, lol. I would have to agree with Ogre, as my boy and I have an absolute riot, so I can only imagine what it's like to kick back and watch the two of us. (We're both goofy as hell)
The previous advice for finding a team runs true. Go to games, pay attention to how guys from teams post on here, and take your time. This can save a lot of turmoil and hurt feelings down the road.
Welcome to the sport, and looking forward to meeting you both out there!
BTW: you guys should come out to the "Red Alert" game, on the 21st.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 am

Welcome to the sport, I also got into this sport with my son (just turned 17) and we have a blast playing, It really make me happy to see another Dad taking the time to spend it with there kids, Come out to games, don't be bashful about meeting people, and remember have fun!!!!
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Rentax » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Let me start by saying thank you for your service.
AFDODGE1500 wrote:
Rentax wrote:Welcome, how old's your son?
He is 14!

Awesome, Yeah, I'm going to echo the other guys on here, come out to events and meet people, run with them and you'll find a place to fit in. A fair number of teams have age restrictions for their own benefit, but often times teams will be interested in father son combos because it gives them the advantage of teaching younger players good skills earlier. Good luck to you. Hope to see you out there
We do what we want
Rentax

Return to Introductions and Orientation