New to airsoft

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New to airsoft

Postby Rednecks% » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 am

Hey all name is Kevin interested in getting into this and suggestions would be awesome we have about 8 people that want to get into this also feel free to either comment or private message me any info would be great thanks
Rednecks%
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: New to airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you've got a lot of people to equip, my suggestion would be to come, with as many of your hoard as you can, to the game next weekend on the 11th, at Camp R&R.
Also R&R is a great place for beginners, as the map is rectangular, having hills on one side and water on the other, pretty hard to get lost. And Stubby (Tim) is a great host! :D

They have rentals there, and a very loose dress code for the Tan Team.
This would be a great way for your team members to try before you buy kinda thing.

I will be there, on Tan. I would be happy to assist your unit anyway I can.
Note: I won't be there till noon though.

Good luck, and remember when buying gear, go slow. So many people buy a bunch of stuff, then quit, unable to get back what they put into it.

Again Welcome!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby T-Time » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Welcome to AP! Make sure to come to one of the events in April.
They are alwAys fun and are a great way to start playing airsoft.
If you need any help just be sure to post.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby T-Time » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:27 pm

With 8 teammates you could probably start a team. Or join one. :D
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Rednecks% » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:06 am

Hey thanks guys we've been talking about going to one of the events to see what its about the one coming we won't be able due to it being so close and we have to plan to take the days off, with eight people I'm glad I dont have to supply everyone just my self and my three boys which that being said we all have entry level guns , there's a few thing that I still need to get but thats in the works , but I do appreciate all the advice , my other question is there a airsoft store around Eugene or Albany that does supply gear (I know tool's and Walmart sell stuff) but kinda like airsplat up in Seattle, which I'm seeing a road trip some weekend to go up there. Lol . anyway thanks guys. :D looking forward to seeing you guys
Rednecks%
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nark » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:00 am

Rednecks% wrote:Hey thanks guys we've been talking about going to one of the events to see what its about the one coming we won't be able due to it being so close and we have to plan to take the days off, with eight people I'm glad I dont have to supply everyone just my self and my three boys which that being said we all have entry level guns , there's a few thing that I still need to get but thats in the works , but I do appreciate all the advice , my other question is there a airsoft store around Eugene or Albany that does supply gear (I know tool's and Walmart sell stuff) but kinda like airsplat up in Seattle, which I'm seeing a road trip some weekend to go up there. Lol . anyway thanks guys. :D looking forward to seeing you guys

Dicks and Walmart "sell stuff." If you're gonna come up to R&R for a game I would save your money and hit up AONW. That will be a much better selection and option for buying everything you need for a game.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:30 pm

There's a shop in Salem, called Extreme Velocity. I've never been there so I can't say what they have, or if they have someone that works on guns. (Called a tech, or airsmith)

There's a shop in Gresham, called Oregon Paintball. They have a limited selection of guns and essentials, but no tech.

Then there's ThunderKissNW in Vancouver/Camas area. This is a full service shop, with lots of guns and gear. They have a few tech's on hand, so turn around time on gun repairs are short.

Oregon Airsoft Arena in Hillsboro has it's own shop inside called Cross The Line. They have a nice variety of equipment, and do light repairs.

Finally theirs Airsoft Outlet Northwest, (or AONW) this is where it all started. They have an insane amount of gear and great customer service. (as do all these shops!)

Good luck.
Last edited by ClownBaby on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Geartaccatz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Welcome to the world of airsoft. I highly advise going to AONW or Oregon Airsoft. I have tried Extreme velocity and they have decent gear for a decent price, but the guy I talked to had no clue what he was talking about, then when I had them solder Deans connections on my stuff (mosfet, guns, batteries, etc.) they soldered the charger backwards so I had to redo it. They do have decent prices though. Also have tried AONW and Oregon Airsoft they are nice people with good prices. Haven't had a problem with them yet. The first and only time I ordered from Airsplat my package came way late, and the parts were broke, then they took forever to replace it. Just be careful with them. I hope to see you out on the field some time.
Geartaccatz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Rednecks% » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 pm

thanks again for the advice, i will look at all of them and do some browsing, i know the stuff at Walmart aint worth but when i bought it I didn't know that my boys were going to like it that much, so now that we have more info to go on we can upgrade and the rest of the guys are looking as well so we appreciate all the info we can get so many many thanks :D :D :D :D
Rednecks%
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Introductions and Orientation