New in Salem, OR area

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New in Salem, OR area

Postby Meatwhistle » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I have been looking around for a hobby to get into and fell on airsoft. I have seen the guns in walmart etc and thought they looked kinda cheesy till I looked up some videos on youtube about this sport. My opinions have drastically changed and looking to try it out. Any hints/tips on weapons for new players not wanting to break the bank, or better yet the wife wont get too mad for spending the money lol. Thanks in advance and look forward to getting into this sport!
Meatwhistle
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: New in Salem, OR area

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Welcome.

Check out Extreme Velocity, they'll have rifles by G&G, get one of those.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:12 pm

G&G Raider ($180ish) (M4). I like M4 over anything else due to a lot of other players have them and if your on the field someone will always have a spare mag or battery that will fit. Tell your wife that the most expensive part of this sport is the start up cost. Gun, Battery, Eye pro, Half face mask, Chest rig is a good start. Don't just listen to one guy on what to get. See what others suggest and please stay away from those Big5, Walmart, and other big name stores. Do your research first on line and then go talk to someone at Extreme Velocity (located on State St north side).
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Don't forget some kind of water carrying device, even if its just a water bottle shoved in your pocket.

Gloves, and a deathrag.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby T-Time » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Welcome to AP!
I really like my Echo1 AK. It's easy to upgrade and very reliable.
Here it is: http://echo1usa.com/x/guns/redstar-series/ak-ris/
Good luck finding a gun!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Return to Introductions and Orientation