Is AP still a thing?

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Re: Is AP still a thing?

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:02 pm

This shit isn't real? Oh crap.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:35 am

Shortbu wrote: The games are a lot more fun when you're playing against friends, and there's "friendly" banter going back and forth, rather than a bunch of guys who think this shit is real.

Oh how the banter has flown between us. My favorite part of the game is yelling back and forth with you on the battle field. :badgrin:
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Shortbu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] wrote:
Shortbu wrote: The games are a lot more fun when you're playing against friends, and there's "friendly" banter going back and forth, rather than a bunch of guys who think this shit is real.

Oh how the banter has flown between us. My favorite part of the game is yelling back and forth with you on the battle field. :badgrin:

Agreed, and it wouldn't be a thing, if we simply stuck to our own cliques.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Shortbu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:05 pm

ClownBaby wrote:This shit isn't real? Oh crap.

Lol...although some act as it were.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:50 am

Matt wrote:Depending on who you ask, AP was either terrible because everybody was a big meanie, or AP was amazing because everybody was a big meanie.

But the change here is the fact that this generation of Airsofters who witnessed the beginning of AP is fading interest. Nothing wrong with that really, plenty of other cool hobbies to have. When you do the same hobby for 10+ years, sometimes it gets old. Whether we were too mean, too nice, it really didn't matter. We had a core group of motivated individuals who were all working together to put on incredible events, you had to roll with the punches to hang with this group but it was worth it back then (maybe not so much today). If all of those people were still involved (and still working together), it would be crazy busy around here, regardless of how many kids cry about having their spelling corrected.

Despite all the "meanness" it was never unwarranted and if the younger player turned themselves around we're pretty forgiving and welcoming back to the fold (one of us!). I'm kinda surprised I haven't been messaged asking me to be nice... I guess my time will come
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Junto » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 pm

Shortbu wrote:The mingling amongst each other has really seemed to have subsided. It wasn't that long ago, after the Saturday games at Sniperz Den, we'd all hang out at the bon fire, and we'd all get to know each other. Now, the trend with the younger generation seems to stick with their clique, and they have little to no interest in getting to know anybody. The games are a lot more fun when you're playing against friends, and there's "friendly" banter going back and forth, rather than a bunch of guys who think this shit is real.

This. My team has a few shelters up at every Summer Slaughter. No one asks who we are or what we're up to. They just meekly peruse our stuff and talk if they want to buy something. In the days of the free skirmish it was strange if everyone didn't go out and get food together after the game. We live in an era where more people are playing and forming teams than ever, but no one knows who anyone is or what they do because they don't mingle.

Matt wrote:If all of those people were still involved (and still working together), it would be crazy busy around here, regardless of how many kids cry about having their spelling corrected.

Also this. Especially the bit about still working together. I know plenty of people that I enjoy thoroughly who refuse to be in the same room as one-another. Never seen so many grown men losing their tempers and walking away from something in my life. I think my bitterness toward the old guard who have abandoned the sport is one of the major motivating factors in me still taking to the field. Nothing kills fun like a quitter. Much less a bunch of quitters who all quit because of horseshit high school drama or money.

Also, I am the successful product of some gentle baby punching. AP helped put hair on my over-sensitive nuts. I only had to get really bent out of shape over nothing a few times before I grew some chops.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby mikeisfalling » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Yeah, I think it's still a thing. The market is thriving, and I just got my friend a great deal on a used AK.
mikeisfalling
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Your sensitive above, and below deck.

LOL!! :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Previous

Return to Introductions and Orientation