[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Is AP still a thing? - Introductions and Orientation

Is AP still a thing?

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Is AP still a thing?

Postby Shiloh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 pm

AYO GUUUURL

So yeah, almost forgot I had an account here. To be honest I haven't played in close to two years. Sold most of my airsoft shit to pay for school shit, except for my old DE shotgun and a chest rig. Also I'm not even in the PNW any more, moved to Wyoming of all godforsaken places. But what the hell, I'm doing absolutely nothing at work so I figured I'd pop in and see what's up.

So, what's been going on?
"Why do you need a GUN?!"
"To poke holes in things too far away to get with the stick."

Buy my crap: buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2540
Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Re: Is AP still a thing?

Postby T-Time » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Well, Summer Slaughter 6 is coming up and it sounds like a lot of guys are excited about that.
You should come!!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Junto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Kinda. A lot of people left for a bunch of hidden Facebook groups like a bunch of losers. This is still the only place I can seem to consistently find info for local events, either way. AP is less of a hub and more of a library, it seems. Ages of knowledge just a search away, but no one is talking super loud.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Jester316 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:57 pm

That's because the culture that allowed us to yell, and was accepted has changed.

To many people now are offended when we suggest they change their ways to fit in.

The baby punching ways are gone. Now it is a culture of acceptance....

And Ogre...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Shiloh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:55 am

Well shit, I miss the fetus-slapping. And what happened to Ogre?

T-Time: WY to WA might only be one letter off, but the drive is a hell of a lot more than that. :D

Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:35 am

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:38 am

It seems that kids now day want to be catered to all their needs. They need to grow up and learn from their mistakes. Were not going to hold their hand like their mothers do on everything. My son (7 yrs) climbs a ladder and falls I'll look right at him and ask if he is every going to do that again. Some times he will say yes but most of the time he learns. So the guys that can take a joke, learn and help others will always be on here. If you can't do these things then go play paintball or something... LOL
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:12 pm

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby T-Time » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:28 pm

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Hey Ogre, have you seen/heard Weird Al's song "word crimes"? You might enjoy it, I do, lol.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:44 pm

^^LOL^^
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 am

Depending on who you ask, AP was either terrible because everybody was a big meanie, or AP was amazing because everybody was a big meanie.

But the change here is the fact that this generation of Airsofters who witnessed the beginning of AP is fading interest. Nothing wrong with that really, plenty of other cool hobbies to have. When you do the same hobby for 10+ years, sometimes it gets old. Whether we were too mean, too nice, it really didn't matter. We had a core group of motivated individuals who were all working together to put on incredible events, you had to roll with the punches to hang with this group but it was worth it back then (maybe not so much today). If all of those people were still involved (and still working together), it would be crazy busy around here, regardless of how many kids cry about having their spelling corrected.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Shiloh » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks Matt, appreciate it and everything you've done. I really do miss my AP days slinging plastic death. I mean, my last big OP was Conflict Europe II for god's sake.

Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier