Hi everyone. New guy here

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Hi everyone. New guy here

Postby Lacross623 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Paul. I am super new in to airsoft. Like I'm starting from scratch. I have played a few times befor and really loved and and want to start getting in to it deep. But not sure where to start I love the CQB scene of it.

Any pointers on where to start, where to get gear, ect. Any help would be great. Thanks all
Lacross623
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Hi everyone. New guy here

Postby Chainmail » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm

First off welcome!!

The best thing to do is get out and play. The Swamp, which is located in Salem, has a lot of close quarter action, and they have gun rentals available if you don't have one yet. So if you really like the CQC stuff check them out. Aside from that the best thing to do is get to know some people and talk to them about airsoft. Also check the forum index, there is a ton of awesome information there.

As for places to shop there are several options. There is Extreme Velocity in Salem, ThunderKiss NW in Vancouver and Airsoft Outlet NW in Cornelius. They all have a great selection of guns, accessories and apparel.

Hope to meet you on the field.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Hey dude, welcome.

It would help us to know what area you're from.
Sometimes people will get on here and say "hey where do I play/buy stuff?"
We'll rattle off a bunch of shit, then the kid will say "i haven't heard of any of those places, I'm from California, Hungary, China whatever."

Also, it would help to know what you've done, have you played indoor, backyard, an outdoor game at a real field? Let's us know.

And finally, if you need help with your gear, tell us what you have already.

Almost forgot, it's probably acceptable to ask what is a good starting gun? Let me save you some time. Check out G&G, Echo1, and Classic Army. If you can't find something you like, and have money to burn, look into a Krytac anything, an E&L AK, or ASG CZ EVO 3.

But I would NOT ask "hey, what do I get if I wanna be a rifleman? Hey, what do I get if I wanna be a squad gunner? (next week) Hey guys, I wanna be a sniper, what ghillie suit should I buy? Which rifle, I don't wanna spend too much."

For stuff like that, you'll wanna do some digging, THEN ask. (probably would help to mention that you looked already)

But again, WELCOME!!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Nark » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 am

ClownBaby wrote:Hey dude, welcome.

It would help us to know what area you're from.
Sometimes people will get on here and say "hey where do I play/buy stuff?"
We'll rattle off a bunch of shit, then the kid will say "i haven't heard of any of those places, I'm from California, Hungary, China whatever."

Also, it would help to know what you've done, have you played indoor, backyard, an outdoor game at a real field? Let's us know.

And finally, if you need help with your gear, tell us what you have already.

Almost forgot, it's probably acceptable to ask what is a good starting gun? Let me save you some time. Check out G&G, Echo1, and Classic Army. If you can't find something you like, and have money to burn, look into a Krytac anything, an E&L AK, or ASG CZ EVO 3.

But I would NOT ask "hey, what do I get if I wanna be a rifleman? Hey, what do I get if I wanna be a squad gunner? (next week) Hey guys, I wanna be a sniper, what ghillie suit should I buy? Which rifle, I don't wanna spend too much."

For stuff like that, you'll wanna do some digging, THEN ask. (probably would help to mention that you looked already)

But again, WELCOME!!

Why did you tell him all the secrets of AP? They need to learn for themselves how to behave here and what to post and what not to post....

I'm just kidding, welcome to AP!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Lacross623 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Hey. Sorry guys. I'm in the portland area but can travle anywhere to play

I wanna be in this for the long hul not just a phase. I really wanna be part of the scene and a team. I'm looking to go all out. I wanna get going. Get gear, have fun and ready to roll.

I have played indoor at Tac ops a bunch. But that's really about it. I played paintball for the last 12+ years. And I have seen airsoft grow its always something I wanted to try and be part of but wasent sure where to start. The community that I have. Ran it to and really nice and helpful and seem like a great group of people
Lacross623
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Introductions and Orientation