New Player in the Beaverton/Aloha Area

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New Player in the Beaverton/Aloha Area

Postby Santange11 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello All,

I am glad to have a group like this and have already found a good deal of helpful information here. For my background I essentially know nothing. I have dabbled with backyard games with cheap spring and AEG rifles, bascially figuring out what ends shoots. Thanks to this site I have done some research and gotten the basics such as good brands and stores, in fact I plan on visiting Airsoft Outlet NW.

Any advice or being pointed to someplace helpful is much appreciated. Where I need the most help is how to get involved and start playing in this community. I am a bit on the shy and non assertive side making getting started and meeting people the hardest part. For gear I soon will have an G&G AEG, SMC gas pistol, pair of goggles, and full face mask. My arsenal is lacking and my coffers low.

So, from the people who know and love to play how to I get into this with no experience?

Sorry if this was a bit too lengthy, but thank you guys for the help,
Tim
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: New Player in the Beaverton/Aloha Area

Postby Solid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi.

AONW is a very good place to start, staff is friendly and knowlegeable and all that. Check the calendar here for games to go to, there are a couple facebook groups as well you can check for games but most of em get thrown up here. My advice is don't get a gas pistol yet and instead use that towards either a better gun or better kit, it's just a swag piece anyway.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Welcome!

Don't forget to get a way of carrying water, even it's a water bottle in your pocket.

And you'll want to get a deathrag.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Santange11 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Solid wrote:Hi.

AONW is a very good place to start, staff is friendly and knowledgeable and all that. Check the calendar here for games to go to, there are a couple facebook groups as well you can check for games but most of em get thrown up here. My advice is don't get a gas pistol yet and instead use that towards either a better gun or better kit, it's just a swag piece anyway.

Thanks,

The pistol is more for shooting my brother at closer ranges instead of using my spring sniper and listening to him complain in our "backyard" games.
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Solid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:26 am

santange11 wrote:
Solid wrote:Hi.

AONW is a very good place to start, staff is friendly and knowledgeable and all that. Check the calendar here for games to go to, there are a couple facebook groups as well you can check for games but most of em get thrown up here. My advice is don't get a gas pistol yet and instead use that towards either a better gun or better kit, it's just a swag piece anyway.

Thanks,

The pistol is more for shooting my brother at closer ranges instead of using my spring sniper and listening to him complain in our "backyard" games.

Ah different story, if you are going sniper you need a sidearm :/
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Santange11 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:13 am

I plan to keep the sniping to the backyard games and pop can shooting for a good while.
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:55 pm

I will concur with Solid on finding games here, in the events calendar. If you look at the bottom of peoples posts, sometimes people have their team sigbar there (like mine has the SPECET1). Some teams have their own FB page, announcing games, showing pics, and game footage. Here are a few that hold pretty noob friendly games. Camp R&R (has one this weekend actually, and I'll be there), The Swamp in Lebanon, Any games Riddick hosts (usually at Sniperz Den), Splat Action occasionally hosts in Mollala, and Action Acres by Canby. I've never played at Action Acres personally, but have heard there is some fun to be had. Camp R&R isn't too far from Portland, has working bathrooms and showers, a concessions stand, gun rentals, and a really friendly staff, on a smaller but very playable field. The Swamp usually has a one game per month, and is an absolute blast. Fast paced action all day long, and the owner and his family, are some of the nicest people you could ever meet. Hope this helps a bit, and welcome.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Come out on Saturday & meet some folks:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42970
This will be a relaxed game to get your bearings on the community!

Welcome
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby T-Time » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Hey welcome to AP!
I would suggest getting a reliable gun and coming out to one of the events in August.
Its a great way to meet and play with other players. :D
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Darius137 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Wut it do.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Return to Introductions and Orientation