New guy with questions!

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Re: New guy with questions!

Postby Cyclops » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:00 pm

I usually bring out 2 sets. One in my dump pouch and if they fog up I find cover and switch em.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Just get a fan, for God's sake.

You should get a sponsor, and run a glass eye with their logo. :shock: free money foo!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:58 am

ll ready looked into it. If I do anything with my eye insurance wont pay for the eye. Looking at about $4k. Just a close guess.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:55 pm

You could just get a superball, then when people piss you off, you could pluck it, and throw it at them!

Theirs that guy in the other thread asking for players around the Corvallis area, you got peeps down there?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Rain-X anti fog for the inside of your windshield really works well if you apply to only the inside of your glasses/goggles.
I wear safety glasses with clip in prescription lenses but there are places you can get prescription without the clip ins for around $100.

You don't need to drop $400 on a gun to have a good gun as others have mentioned. I've used the same old a$$ Classic Army guns I bought used for $100 each. A new hop up bucking did wonders.

Look at used gear, new is almost pointless when kids are constantly buying and selling their shit. There are a grip of facebook groups for this.

Your best bet for getting into Milsim games is to just get out to games and start finding out who else is into that style play. Even attending regular games, those into that style will still play that style even if the game is just a regular shoot-em up with out the immersion of the higher end milsim games.
And yeah, the higher end ones are a bit expensive but they're well worth it.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby T-Time » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey welcome to AP!!
Check out the events calender and the classified ads.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Shortbu » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:09 am

I know you had mentioned that you were interested in an M4 style AEG. But, you also mentioned you were new, so thinking outside the box, might I suggest the KAC Stoner LMG. I have two of them, and they're awesome bone stock. Box mag holds about 1200 rds, you can throw a spare battery, and extra ammo in a small backpack, and done. They're built solid, and shoot REALLY well. I have over 30 guns, and these are two of the few I have that I've left stock, simply because they don't need upgraded.
If stuck on wanting an M4, I would suggest the Krytac. The G&G Raider is a decent gun, but it is an entry level gun. The Krytac comes with a TBB stock, they shoot very well, have a nice finish, a Keymod rail(really comfortable), lightweight, and the gear boxes are quality.
I would recomend spending your money on a quality gun, over an entry level gun, and save for your other gear. All the GUCCI gear in the world means shit, if your gun sucks...
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 am

Ok dude, I can't believe nobody's caught this already.
If you look in the classifieds to your left, you'll notice a Krytec for sale, it's got a bunch of good stuff with it, like a really good set of goggles. And he has the required camo's you need! GET ON IT!! :lol:
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:21 am

I'm going to skim your post then skip all the replies.

Welcome!

Cyma or Dboys AK74m / AK105 / AK104. Whatever the hell they are. AKS-74 is fine too.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Cyclops » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:05 am

ClownBaby wrote:Ok dude, I can't believe nobody's caught this already.
If you look in the classifieds to your left, you'll notice a Krytec for sale, it's got a bunch of good stuff with it, like a really good set of goggles. And he has the required camo's you need! GET ON IT!! :lol:

Reason I didn't was because everyone wants an arm and a leg. Someone got my eye! That add if you think about it... Gun new is around $340, bag is what $45, goggles like his can go for as low as $30 on Amazon. Used camos usually go for $10 to $40 depending on condition and style.
He also mention he needs to get rid of it for college. Offer him $225 with one set of camos. No more. If he wants to sell it he will take the offer. If not there is always other deals out there! Trust me I run into them all the time!

If your going to spend $380 on a used gun and not know what he has done to it is pretty scary. He is also a new person on AP so who knows what his knowledge is on airsoft. If your ok with that price point and like the gun then just buy a new one for cheaper. It also comes with a warranty.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Yeti's been around longer than what his account shows.
He's a good dude.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Introductions and Orientation