[Portland Area] Brand new to Airsoft

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

[Portland Area] Brand new to Airsoft

Postby jager_b » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Hey, I'm living in the Portland area and am interested in getting started in airsoft. I'm not really familiar with the terminology yet, but believe I'd be looking for milsim and outdoor/indoor courses rather than speedsoft, but just playing with more mature players in general. That said I don't want to invest a ton on camo / a replica gun without knowing what I'm getting into. I can definitely see really enjoying larger milsim events, but don't want to show up a complete noob and make anyone have a bad time. Looking for advice for testing the waters. I see a few arenas/courses near where I live, but don't know if any would be worth my while.

Thanks!
jager_b
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: [Portland Area] Brand new to Airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:33 am

Welcome

My suggestion would be to try indoor first. You can familiarize yourself with how the guns work, and the rules.
It'll also let you get shot, up close, repeatedly. You'll know if you wanna play or not.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Chainmail » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:04 pm

I would agree with trying indoor first. Tac-Ops Airsoft Arena is in Portland, or there in Oregon Airsoft Arena in Hillsboro. If you are willing to drive a little and want to try outdoor then there is The Swamp south of Salem, or Camp R and R by Gales Creek. All these places will have gun rentals available and most people will be happy to help answer questions. If you are looking for a more mature player base then you will probably have more luck at The Swamp or Camp R and R since the arenas tend to attract more younger players.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:36 pm

It's close to spring. I'd say start playing outdoors when it gets warmer and games start popping up.

Also if you haven't bought anything yet, camp R & R hosts regular events in your area and there is a guy on site with rentals. Lots of local players and people to ask questions. Also camping. They usually host a game first weekend of every month.

http://www.camprandr.com/
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Return to Introductions and Orientation