what the heck

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

what the heck

Postby weld » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:06 am

Are all these forums dead? This seems to be the only one I can find thats still kicking for the NW, even though its barely kicking.
Whatever I tell you is probably wrong
weld
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: what the heck

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:04 am

Everyone stopped playing airsoft, switched to Pokémon LARPs.

Kidding (I hope). I think lots of folks ended up on Facebook or whatever social media platform is their preference. The events subforums are relatively active. As far as tech questions, the whole "wut gun do I buy" thing has been asked and answered a bazillion times (check out the search function!!) but technical questions draw pretty decent responses generally.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Junto » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:32 am

Aye, this is more a library of airsoft answers than an active forum anymore. If you're looking for local events, they are still typically posted in the PNW Events/Games sub. You can also find them on Facebook by joining the Airsoft Games in Oregon group, or by following War Sport NW, Camp R&R, Oregon Airsoft Arena, and Action Acres.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Payback » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Matt has heavily invested into Facebook stock and is the reason behind the recent bans and page shutdowns of the airsoft facebook groups in an attempt to bring AP back to it's former popularity.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Your late weld, we waited for you, but the girls wanted to go home, and there's no more chips. :doubt:

Cray-Gray, Fallout game?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Hamster » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:57 am

where were you when AP was kill

Unfortunately, yeah, everyone migrated to Facebook. Or Reddit. I guess it's now MeWe or whatever and VK.

The Zuckitler is taking away our bbgun rites and is closing the FB B/S/T groups and apparently other groups involving firearms.

Maybe I can sell more Combat Machines with this change. But only for them to end up on /r/airsoftmarket. -sigh-

I try to frequent but it turns into the need to shitpost. Matt needs to also get on that anti-bot game. They pop up every now and then and that's as far as I can recall the last informative post appearing.

Only because of a necropost.

h8 u bots.

buy from AONW pls

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:19 pm

As has been said, most of us utilize facebook instead.
There groups are more specific to particular interests and we don't have to deal with as many summer plebs.
McNair

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Hamster wrote:Matt needs to also get on that anti-bot game. They pop up every now and then and that's as far as I can recall the last informative post appearing.

Yeah I should, there's newer versions of phpbb now that would probably stop some of that spam. They work better for mobile devices too, for those who get frustrated trying to view AP on phones.

I hadn't heard about Facebook cracking down on firearms/airsoft stuff. Maybe forums could be useful again?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby LoneWorg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 am

New around here and I would love if this place was active again. Would be nice to have a place that isn't the overrated image board that facebook has become.
LoneWorg
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hamster » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:31 am

Matt wrote:I hadn't heard about Facebook cracking down on firearms/airsoft stuff. Maybe forums could be useful again?

It's regarding private sale of firearms, but they've lumped everything that looks like a gun, from props to pellet guns. Apparently some discussion groups have been taken down too. Probably because a sale or two was spotted by bots.

People have also been. Or some other bizarre social media platforms nobody has heard of, like mewe.com or VK.

Reddit has also seen people coming through to sell on /r/airsoftmarket.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Introductions and Orientation