Would like to start bringing my team to the Portland area

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Would like to start bringing my team to the Portland area

Postby Castro » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi, I'm kalem, everyone in Spokane wa calls me castro. I am a gun tech and game admin in one of the airsoft communities in spokane, but would like to get the team I'm with down to Portland and Vancouver for some of the games down there. My wife and I recently went to Portland and visited, we went to one of the airsoft stores down there right before we left to go home and were informed there are plenty of airsoft games there. I am excited to get to know all of you online and hope to see many there when I get my team ready for a fantastic trip down there. Hopefully sooner rather than later but we all work and have life getting in the way most of the time as I'm sure everyone can relate. If you have any questions about me, my team or our community up here i will be more than happy to answer, just shoot me a pm. just as well i am very excited to learn more about the communities in Oregon and southern wa. I hope to be down there soon and hope to meet many of you on the battle field.
Castro
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Would like to start bringing my team to the Portland are

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Howdy! (i was born at Spokane general)

So there was talk about the missile silo at Fairchild being opened for airsoft, did that ever happen?

You should definitely try and get Yer crew here for the game in October at Camp Rileah, it's a military base near Astoria, it has a MOUT facility. And they'll be vehicles.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Castro » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I've heard there's a missile base north of spokane that is playable but I believe Fairchild base is still in use. They are selling some of the property though but I don't remember to whom or for what. I will definitely tell the team of the October game that would be awesome!!! Luckly we have one of our series games coming up this saturday so ill get them onboard and training for camp rileah. And thank you for the warm welcome. Did you move to Oregon recently?
Castro
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:50 am

Nope, here forever.

There IS a missile silo in Fairchild, they have/had? info on their website?
I found chatter about it being used for airsoft while looking for places to play up there.

Willing to bet that it never happened, why You say?
Same reason everything dies in airsoft, lack of money and insurance.

BTW, Amtrak is pretty damn cheap, especially if You book in advance.
Goes from Spokane to Astoria. Might be a cost effective way to get personnel to the AO.
Sending the troops via rail, and have command drive, (or vice versa) so that there's a vehicle for running to the store, or what have You.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Castro » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 pm

I agree with the Fairchild probably never happening haha very true, especially in Spokane. And thank you for the idea, I never thought of taking a train down there, that would be perfect. Far better than $100+ in gas per vehicle lol
Castro
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Yey! It's a party!

Last time I rode, they allowed open containers, people were rolling around with open bottles of Jack and such. :D
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:07 pm

There was a game up north at a missle silo. I can't remember where exactly. Was like 6+ years ago if I remember correctly.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:26 am

Not the same place, but most likely the same layout.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Introductions and Orientation