Your Latest Acquisition Part 3

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Your Latest Acquisition Part 3

Postby Mindspeed » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:30 pm

MMMM Scar H goodness :)
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Beautiful, love the contrasting colors. Sept for the orange, of course.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:38 pm

So my piston return spring blew up on me, and I kinda went overboard with fixing up my Five-seveN.
Added a PDI TBB, Maple Leaf bucking, PDI piston head, Creation inner slide, and threw it all in a Guarder polycarb body. Weight isn't that much greater than the TM body, but it has a better feel to it.

I also LOVE how easy TM pistols are to work on. Total job took a little more than an hour. Can't wait to really test it out!

Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:31 pm

So sexy, keep thinking I need one to match my P90.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

It's been the week of projects. Got the handguard cap I needed for my LM4 which let me finish it.
New bits are
CAR stock
XM177 flash-hider
Slim handguards

WWGFD?
Jewish Ninja

Postby Payback » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

I've gone through about a dozen guns since i've last posted, but this one is my most recent and favorite so far. The new Knights Stoner LMG. This is supposedly OEM'd by classic army. I had to redo the wiring from the gearbox forward as it was crap. I've also swapped the motor for a better high torque job, and the bucking will need replaced. It's a blue bucking, but not a madbull blue. I've ran it one game so far and was great. Battery space sucks, so i ran a bag on the front.

AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 pm

I recently had to run my battery on the outside also. Then someone remarked about it being shot during the game and catching fire. It's got me a little freaked out. Has anyone here had that happen to them, or seen it happen?

Thanks

and that LMG is yummy!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cameron Zombie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Recalling the old AATV lipo stress test, it took a whole lot for it to actually catch on fire. But the thing that did it was when they punctured it with a prybar, bursting the cells. So, theoretically, I would say that it's possible for a bb to puncture the cells and start a fire. I think that person would be shooting either way to hot or way to close though, and would deserve a thorough knifehanding.

I would stress that I've never seen it and I think it's very, VERY unlikely. The only things I've seen ignite lipos are charging it on a NiMH charger or submerging it in water which caught it in the buffer tube. For some reason.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks, anyone else?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:37 pm

I've been using Lipos for about 3 years with only one fire. It happened with a Firefox lipo (go figure). I'm guessing what happened is I got some snow in my stock and it shorted out the lipo. Fortunately it was with my Real Sword so nothing bad really happened. I've stopped using that brand since and haven't had any issues with lipos acting wonky.

Here's some pictures of what happened to it.
http://s206.photobucket.com/user/colwom ... y/lipoboom
WWGFD?
Jewish Ninja

Postby Shortbu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I've run 11.1 lipos almost exclusively since I started playing, and I run the piss out of em. Not one issue. I've had em wet, muddy, and in the snow. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything... Old man Murphey's probably gonna catch up to me.
I also have the new Stoner, and love it. Don't really care about the batter space, I have a shit ton of buffer tube 11.1's and they're pretty easy to change.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:54 am

Shortbu wrote: I also have the new Stoner, and love it. Don't really care about the batter space, I have a shit ton of buffer tube 11.1's and they're pretty easy to change.

Did you change out your wiring on it? I noticed that mine got really hot in the front section of wiring, it zapped a couple of batteries when i first tried it. I had to re-wire the front and remove the fuse to get it to work with no heat.

I did notice tho, that the fuse on mine wasn't connected very well also. But the wires were really small.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Payback wrote:
Shortbu wrote: I also have the new Stoner, and love it. Don't really care about the batter space, I have a shit ton of buffer tube 11.1's and they're pretty easy to change.

Did you change out your wiring on it? I noticed that mine got really hot in the front section of wiring, it zapped a couple of batteries when i first tried it. I had to re-wire the front and remove the fuse to get it to work with no heat.

I did notice tho, that the fuse on mine wasn't connected very well also. But the wires were really small.

All I've done to mine was put Deans on it. Fielded it at MSW, and The Swamp. Ran the piss out of it, no probs with heat. Only problem I have is the feed hatch on the box mags pops open super easy. I'm just going to put a Velcro tab on on it.
I have a crap load of guns, and almost none are stock, so I can't imagine me NOT doing something crazy with this Stoner, but I'm going to leave it as is for a bit. Put it through the ringer and see how she does over some time, rather than buying a brand new gun and having a crap load of upgrading done like I usually do.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Shortbu wrote:
Payback wrote:

All I've done to mine was put Deans on it. Fielded it at MSW, and The Swamp. Ran the piss out of it, no probs with heat. Only problem I have is the feed hatch on the box mags pops open super easy. I'm just going to put a Velcro tab on on it.
I have a crap load of guns, and almost none are stock, so I can't imagine me NOT doing something crazy with this Stoner, but I'm going to leave it as is for a bit. Put it through the ringer and see how she does over some time, rather than buying a brand new gun and having a crap load of upgrading done like I usually do.

Mine had the same thing with the box mag. I lost around 1k bb's on the ground when i let others look at it and bumped the door. I used tape for the day and was fine.

Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Dexter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am

KWA LM416 upper w/ PTS lower (all I could find cheap).
Dexter
Grunt
Grunt

Team: PacDT

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion