How to use New BBcodes

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

How to use New BBcodes

Postby Matt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am

Here's a quick example of how the new BBcodes work. I'll skip the stuff we've already had on the site.

Images & Videos

album
Displays an image from the album as a thumbnail, linked to the album.
Instructions: add the image ID inside the album tag
Code: Select all
[album]2416[/album]

albumlarge
Does the same as album, but displays full size images.
Instructions: add the image ID inside the albumlarge tag
[albumlarge]2416[/albumlarge]

lightbox
Displays an album image as a thumbnail, linked with lightbox. Great for reviews or other times when you don't want somebody to leave the page to look at the full size images.
Instructions: add the image ID inside the tag
[lightbox]2416[/lightbox]

Gallery
Use the gallery button if you can't remember the imageID of the image you want to link. It opens another window and allows you to insert the ID inside an album tag automagically!

youtube
Allows embedding of youtube videos in Widescreen HD.
Instructions: include the full YouTube link, not their small sharing link. It should look like the below. If you leave in the extra session garbage or whatever YouTube adds to the link, it might break. If so, delete everything that comes after watch?v=IDnumberthing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBn_KH2eEm8[/youtube]

Alignment

center
Centers text, an image, or anything you put in the tag.
[center]your stuff[/center]

your stuff

left=
Floats content left, specify a pixel amount. Great for adding columns of info or thumbnail images inline next to text.
[left=150]your stuff[/left]

your stuff
regular stuff

right=
Floats content right, specify a pixel amount. Great for adding columns of info or thumbnail images inline next to text.
[right=150]your stuff[/right]

your stuff
regular stuff

Putting it all together...

Now, for example sake, let's say you are writing a review and you want to put some inline thumbnails that open in a lightbox next to your review text, here's how you might go about doing that. In this example, the thumbnail size for gallery images is 160, so I used 160 for the align right bbcode.

[right=160][lightbox]2416[/lightbox][/right] This is a review of my totally awesome bad a$$ gun. I think it's really cool. I shot my little brother with it in the backyard and he cried a lot so I think it shoots pretty hard. Maybe 400 fps, I dunno. You should buy it and chronograph it yourself, then u would know. Anyway the gun is metal and stuff, it has a box magazine and I can fill it with BBs. There's a lot of BBs in this thing, like 1,000, or maybe 10.000 I'm not sure. My mom won't let me fill it in the house, she's a crazy phony pony.

So I was like, hay mom, chill, ok? Then she slapped me and....

This is a review of my totally awesome bad a$$ gun. I think it's really cool. I shot my little brother with it in the backyard and he cried a lot so I think it shoots pretty hard. Maybe 400 fps, I dunno. You should buy it and chronograph it yourself, then u would know. Anyway the gun is metal and stuff, it has a box magazine and I can fill it with BBs. There's a lot of BBs in this thing, like 1,000, or maybe 10.000 I'm not sure. My mom won't let me fill it in the house, she's a crazy phony pony.

So I was like, hay mom, chill, ok? Then she slapped me and....
Matt

Team: APST

Return to Community General Discussion