COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Community Warning: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

It has been brought the attention of myself and several others that Ryan Ruselli has scammed several people, including three currently serving members of the US Army, out of an amount of at least $10,000, by selling NODs and failing to deliver them, citing "supplier problems". One of these individuals is a member here on Airsoft Pacific. He ignores requests for refunds, or attempts to make excuses.

On top of that, Ryan scammed a guy in Japan by claiming that he had access to AOR1 and AOR2 Navy JPCs and Navy CPCs. The amount that he scammed the Japanese guy out of was approximately $5000. In addition to that, in order to seem more credible, he POSED as a member of the US Navy (I have access to the entire email transcripts where Ryan poses as a sailor that works with NSW).

Furthermore, he scammed Kevin from Toy Soldier out of approximately $5000. He sold Kevin two NOD units (a gross violation of ITAR), and then closed the Paypal account he was using as soon as the money was received.

In total, Ryan has scammed several people out of at least $16,000, possibly more.

WARNING, DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Re: COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Postby Hamster » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

What was his AP username again?

It was Mossy, right?

That kid with all the nice things.

This is why we can't have nice things.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Welshy, I'd post the proof you have. Some people on here have had good transactions with him...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:50 pm

You know a way for me to post Word documents to AP? I coped the email transcripts to Word because there are A LOT of them.

And I have had good dealings with him as well. I would have been doubtful about this if I didn't personally know all 5 of the people he scammed, including the 3 Army guys, one of which is currently in Afghanistan.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Jester316 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 pm

google documents.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 pm

[document removed by admin]

FYI he'll say it's fake because it's a text document.

Also on Facebook he said this is some grand conspiracy perpetrated by me, another guy on AP, two active duty 11Bs, and two guys in California.

If I'm that good, I need to try and get a job with the NSA.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Matt » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 am

I'm just trying to figure out why anybody would PayPal $5000 to a 17 year old?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 am

He was a trustworthy seller, although the good scammers always do more good deals than bad so that when called out they can fall back on those good deals as a defense. He also was able to show dealer sheets from a NOD supplier which added to his legitimacy (although it turns out all those deals with off the books and possibly illegal).

And some guys didn't know he was 17. He was constantly posting pictures of new gear, guns, and cars he was buying, so I assume that they just logically thought there's no way a 17 year old could afford all that.

Also, some more evidence from the emails. Screen shots straight from the "fake" Japanese guy. Ryan first said this guy was fake and we fabricated the evidence, and then after we found him on Facebook he changed his story to saying that he had done deals with the guy but the dude was now trying to help us destroy Ryan's reputation, or something.

9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am

Since bringing this to the community's attention (well, several, this has been posted to airsoft and gear related groups from every region in the country), it seems that over the last several months Ryan also scammed an Army LT in New York out of $4500, and another dude out of $3600 in Connecticut.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Matt » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 am

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:And some guys didn't know he was 17. He was constantly posting pictures of new gear, guns, and cars he was buying, so I assume that they just logically thought there's no way a 17 year old could afford all that.

You can Google him to find out he's 17. Not trying to justify his actions, I just can't believe people would be so careless with that much money. Oh well, enough of that, no need to kick them while they're down. I've met Ryan before and he seemed like a good guy - I hope this isn't true for his sake, but right now there's not enough supporting evidence to say otherwise. Looks pretty bad :(
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Goliath17 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 am

I hope this isn't true, conning people out of thousands of dollars, conning military personnel and impersonating one? Wow, its just disappointing.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Heretic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Dealer sheets WERE from TNVC.

WERE being the keyword.
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Cory » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 pm

just looked this guy up on facebook because i recognized the first name. this guy stole my brothers 4sevens flashlight the day he bought it, my brother dropped it during a game and couldn't find it. Ryan picked it up and twenty minuets later was bragging to his friends about this sweet light he just bought. we told an admin but could not retrieve the light. this happened when we were still in high school so we weren't going to start a fight.

several weeks later Ryan was banned from the field and so we were never able to recover the light, so my brother was out $150 plus the surefire cr123 he just bought with the light.

thought id let you guys know this guy is no good. if you see him best to pack up your gear, beter to loose 15-20 bucks for admission that an expensive piece of gear.
Cory
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Was he selling NVGs to someone overseas? Am I seeing that correctly?

Regardless if the scamming is true or not, if he was selling NVGs overseas that's a huge violation of ITAR rules. Right?

P6
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:08 pm

He sold two pairs of PVS-15s to a guy in Hong Kong. He accepted money, and then closed the account. However he never shipped them, so I don't know whether or not that is enough to get nailed under ITAR. If taking money for the sale of NODs to someone in China is enough to show intent, then yeah, he MAJORLY breached the ITAR regs. There's a lot of stuff in ITAR that's kinda retarded, like M4 foregrips are technically covered under ITAR, but NODs are a huge no no.

He's already been reported to the FBI by one of the guys he scammed in California.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Next

Return to Community General Discussion