SniperzDen Campsite

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

SniperzDen Campsite

Postby SPECDET1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:40 am

We would like to take a moment to talk about camping at SniperzDen. We tried very hard to get people to bring trash bags and clean up after yourselves. We announced it numerous times that you needed to maintain a clean campsite and not leave any trash. Unfortunately, this was not done by some of the players. This is a sure fire way to lose access to one of the only organized fields in the area. Members of SPECDET1 and a generous helper spent 45 minutes cleaning up the camping area because some people couldn't be bothered to pick up after themselves. The orchard that we camp in is the main source of income for the field owners. They don't have to let us play there. So when you leave trash around, you just give them one more reason why they shouldn't let us come back.

Now, I can sit here and speak all I want, but pictures are better than words. So, lets see what people left behind.

SPECDET1
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Re: SniperzDen Campsite

Postby Payback » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:42 am

I have never seen something so bad before. That's an entire camp left behind. I'm almost wondering if somebody had an emergency and left in a hurry. That's the only excuse i can see with leaving every last thing there.

If it wasn't an emergency, then it's a massive prick who did it, and i hope they get outed and named so they won't go again to another field and do the same.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Blackhawk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:45 am

This is just disgusting. How can anyone think this is even remotely ok. I feel bad just for not sticking around to help clean up now. If we know who this was I would be extremely surprised if they weren't 86ed from Sniperz Den permanently.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Solid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Like I said on the facebook post, that area had a majority of the younger fellas. I know it won't fix it but might as well make the camping 21+ if this kind of crap keeps happening, it won't STOP it per say, but it'll definitely minimize.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Wow, just wow.

(this isn't just me saying this cuz I'm on the internet, or trying to sound cool/tough)

YOU ARE A FUCKIN PRICK!!! WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN YOU DO THIS, I WOULD LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE, A LOT, NOT FOR AIRSOFT, BUT FOR MOTHER EARTH. DO US ALL A FAVOR, AND GO FUCKIN DROWN YOURSELF AND ANY OFFSPRING YOU HAVE SPAWNED.

YOU ARE THE GARAGE.

(too harsh? shazaam that, shazaam whoever did this.)

I'm calling rage quit, looks like two young men, maybe with kids of their own, cuz that's a lot of shit for just Beavis and Butthead. Looks like they bought some shit guns, they broke, and they said shazaam it.

HUMAN GARBAGE.

Looks like assigned campsites will have to be a thing from now on. And an active camp patrol, cuz that mess took awhile to create?

Punk. I fuckin HATE litterbugs, incase you couldn't tell.

Death by plastic firing squad? Maybe glorious PKM?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Junto » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:37 pm

There has to be a story here. No one just leaves all of that behind. Not the table, tent, stove, etc. at least. That's a bleeding shame, though. Everyone harps on it every year and yet there's always a bunch of people that won't comply.
Junto

Postby Nark » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:12 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Wow, just wow.

(this isn't just me saying this cuz I'm on the internet, or trying to sound cool/tough)

YOU ARE A FUCKIN PRICK!!! WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN YOU DO THIS, I WOULD LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE, A LOT, NOT FOR AIRSOFT, BUT FOR MOTHER EARTH. DO US ALL A FAVOR, AND GO FUCKIN DROWN YOURSELF AND ANY OFFSPRING YOU HAVE SPAWNED.

YOU ARE THE GARAGE.

(too harsh? f**k that, f**k whoever did this.)

I'm calling rage quit, looks like two young men, maybe with kids of their own, cuz that's a lot of shit for just Beavis and Butthead. Looks like they bought some shit guns, they broke, and they said f**k it.

HUMAN GARBAGE.

Looks like assigned campsites will have to be a thing from now on. And an active camp patrol, cuz that mess took awhile to create?

Punk. I fuckin HATE litterbugs, incase you couldn't tell.

Death by plastic firing squad? Maybe glorious PKM?

Have a 25 vs guilty party game in the village as punishment. Hosting team, as well as refs get a chance to shoot some people.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Junto wrote:There has to be a story here. No one just leaves all of that behind. Not the table, tent, stove, etc. at least. That's a f***ing shame, though. Everyone harps on it every year and yet there's always a bunch of people that won't comply.

Table, tent, and stove belong to the big guy in the gray shirt in the pictures. He was nice enough to help out. We have a first name of the person, but are not going to out him. When we find who he is, he is no longer allowed at a Special Detachment Group 1 game. Initial story is he may have left with an injury, however that doesn't excuse his buddy who was with him not cleaning up. Or approaching us and saying he had to bail in a hurry. Either way, it's inexcusable for leaving this amount of trash behind. This is someone who wasn't policing their trash as they generated it.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Solid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Junto wrote:There has to be a story here. No one just leaves all of that behind. Not the table, tent, stove, etc. at least. That's a f***ing shame, though. Everyone harps on it every year and yet there's always a bunch of people that won't comply.

Table, tent, and stove belong to the big guy in the gray shirt in the pictures. He was nice enough to help out. We have a first name of the person, but are not going to out him. When we find who he is, he is no longer allowed at a Special Detachment Group 1 game. Initial story is he may have left with an injury, however that doesn't excuse his buddy who was with him not cleaning up. Or approaching us and saying he had to bail in a hurry. Either way, it's inexcusable for leaving this amount of trash behind. This is someone who wasn't policing their trash as they generated it.

Even leaving with and injury, shit man you are SLEEPING there, you just leave garbage all over the place?
Solid

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Whoever left the trash is likely on AP.com & has seen this post.

This appears to be trash from multiple people. There are two AEG boxes, a variety of different drink containers, & different food container/utensil refuse (MRE & paper plates) laying around in a wide area. One person would have maybe two different drink types & trash would probably be in a smaller area -- even a hamster pisses in one corner, not all over the place. I do not believe there is only one person responsible for this mess.

Assuming there was a medical issue, someone in that group could have communicated the situation to SPECDET (or other admin-type) beforehand & discussed a later clean-up time or assigned the responsibility to a willing volunteer. That is how respectful, considerate people handle an emergency situation. We can only assume that the mess was left behind because they did not want to deal with it.

CLUES: this group was rockin a G36 rifle, a MP5 with vertical foregrip/skeletonized stock, & at least one guy wore a black hat. There may be a couple photos with these guys...

An opinion: I believe in forgiveness if the party has the courage to be men & accept responsibility for their wrongdoing -- give them until the weekend to come forth with a public apology & discuss the opportunity to pay restitution to Sniperzden & SPECDET as well as those who cleaned up the mess. This can be done with service time, financial compensation, or other creative means of righting the wrong. If not, release identity & ban them accordingly.

This mess is a chance for the PNW airsoft community to demonstrate professionalism. WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE: Please help legitimize the sport by acting like adults as opposed to reinforcing the negative public perception we have to constantly fight.
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby theswamp » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Did you guys look through the stuff that got left behind for info that could lead to a name or contact. Duh I should have read all the way through good job guys.
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SPECDET1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:30 pm

theswamp wrote:Did you guys look through the stuff that got left behind for info that could lead to a name or contact.

We are working on tracking the person/persons responsible for this. Again, we will not be posting identification information, so dunk those torches in some water. This was to show people that they need to be responsible and watch each other. We had 286 players, and over 300 people in total. SPECDET had 9 full time members, 1 recruit, and 1 helper for this entire event. You guys need to watch each other. We can't be everywhere at once. We made numerous announcements about it, we even made a video. There isn't much else we can do. The players need to be responsible. This reflects poorly on YOU. The field owner was out there with us. He saw what YOU left. He heard me say to make sure you pick up after yourselves.

So, we are putting this out there: keep each other accountable like you do on the field. This is a game of honor, and if you can't be honorable to pick up your trash, you can't be honorable to play this game.
SPECDET1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Next year we should have assigned camp site. Each row being a letter and numbers are for the clear area down each row. Might be worth checking into so if there is ANY damage or anything you know who camped there.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 am

Yes, just like at a regular campground.

And someone with a club.

So, I get why you not gonna release names, but I'm super curious of what injury could be so bad that you abandon two, ok, one and two-thirds of a gun? LOL

Really love the pic of the guy holding the broken gun, reminds me of the Sad Indian from the 70's!S :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:12 am

Cyclops wrote:Next year we should have assigned camp site. Each row being a letter and numbers are for the clear area down each row. Might be worth checking into so if there is ANY damage or anything you know who camped there.

:idea:
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Community General Discussion