Good Neighbors

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Good Neighbors

Postby walkeasy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi,
I just sayin' upfront...I have a few problems with the whole pellet-gun thing.
But that aside, and live and let live, I have a problem I need advice on...
My neighbor is killing birds by shooting them off our shared fence. I know because the pellet
and the body land on my side. My Grandkids play along that fence every day.
I live inside the City Limits, I know the law prohibits such activity.
So...you folks tell me...what do you think I should do?
walkeasy
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Good Neighbors

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Call the cops.

What county do you live in?

I had a neighbor that thought it would be okay to do that with a .22, and he thought he would use my trailer as a backdrop, the bullet went through the door at head level, glad I wasn't in there. And I live in Portland. This was supposedly some big, badass, satanic, heavy metal guitar playing dude, who looked like he just shit his pants when the cops showed up. Oddly enough, two weeks later he moved. :)

Depending on where you live, you're dude is breaking several laws. He may also be a budding sociopath, with homicidal instincts. I'd be watching him very carefully, especially around kids and pets.

How old is this kid? Do his parents know that he's been doing this?

The police will DEFINITELY want to have a set down with him and his parents.

Good luck, stay tenacious until it's resolved! If he's not informed now of this unacceptable behavior, he'll likely progress into something even more, messy.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Yep. Big +1 for involving law enforcement. They get paid to deal with stuff like that. I'd probably call non-emergency dispatch and ask them to send an officer out, especially if you witness the kid doing it.

Also, just as a heads up, Airsoft =/= pellet guns. This is a site where folks get together to talk about the hobby that is shooting each other with low-mass, relatively low-velocity plastic BB's. Coming here for advice on stupid kids with pellet rifles is a lot like asking folks on a NASCAR forum for advice on how to win the Tour de France. You might get more relevant advice somewhere like http://www.targettalk.org
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby ogrejager » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Tried talking to him yourself?

Call the police. Have evidence.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby G00SE770 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Agreed, I'd consider talking to him, if it's a kid --maybe his parents first. --possible they will put an end to it.
Keep records. I'd also talk to the Police, tell them your concerns, they will give you good advice. They will tell you what you need to do and what they can do about stopping it, options. They are on your side. --also about collecting evidence if they want or need it.

A neighbor shot through our fence once, busted our sliding glass window --pretty obvious it was a pellet. One look at it and the Police paid our neighbor a visit --and left with a pellet gun. Problem solved.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Community General Discussion