Camo Question

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Camo Question

Postby Santange11 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Hello All,

Is there a general rule or do or don'ts about mixing camo patterns? I bought myself a multicam plate carriers and was saving up to get a matching pair of pants and a shirt. In the interim a good friend of mine gave me a woodland digital shirt and pants from when he was in the Navy. I would like to use these to save on costs for the moment, but don't want to be "that guy" out on the field. In my opinion the color schemes are quite similar and shouldn't be a problem, but want some communal advice from the the community.

Thanks for the advice,
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Camo Question

Postby Chainmail » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:14 pm

The only time that mixing Woodland and Multicam might be a problem is when teams are split by camo pattern. If you go to a mil-sim game usually Multicam and Woodland are separate teams, so mixing patterns is not allowed. At places like the Swamp, or Camp R and R teams are only loosely broken up by camo pattern, usually they use colored armbands for mixed patterns or unusual patterns, in which case multicam and woodland probably would not be a problem.

One word of caution, mixing camo can confuse people on your team, which may result in sometimes being shot by a teammate.

See you on the field.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Solid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:29 pm

It just makes you look like shit in the fashion show that is Airsoft. As long as you fit in either category TAN or GREEN which is 90% of games around here, it'll be fine.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Rentax » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Your team will be selected by the camo color of your uniform, your gear can then be whatever you want... But like people said, if you are wearing green base camo (marpat) and a tan based gear (Multicam) then don't be surprised if you get shot by your team mates.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Mixing and matching is totally fine. I've gone to games wearing Partyflauge pants and a Flecktarn top and no one complained.

As others have said, there are events that say you can only wear X camo, but there are very rarely requirements about the pattern/color of your gear. At MSW games, they prefer Militia forces to not wear Multicam, but they don't ban it.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Santange11 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Going Back to the digital woodland camo I have, would wearing an olive drab vest or chest rig be considered mixing camo?
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:21 pm

It depends on the event promoter, but generally, no.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Return to Community General Discussion