Need help on the M4

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Need help on the M4

Postby Agent orange. » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 pm

So there I was, wanting a 4x scope for my M4, but then I realized that the frontal sight would get in the way.

The link below is the sight I'm hoping to get. Its a 4x32 Mil-Dot reticle sight.

http://www.evike.com/products/56189

I have a simple G&G M4 with rails, but the frontal sight doesn't come off, its part of the barrel, so I would have to get a whole new barrel.

Thanks for any ideas and help guys!
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Re: Need help on the M4

Postby AirCanada » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Post the link to your m4, if it has a free float rail you should have no problem removing the pins and possibly set screws if it has any to remove the front sight post, but if the rail is held by the front sight and gas block you'd have to cut it off. Of course you could also just get a riser for the scope.
AirCanada
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Agent orange. » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:29 pm

This is the M4 I've been using for awhile now.

http://www.evike.com/products/33557/

I'm on a tight budget, so I have to really put myself in check when it comes to buying this stuff.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 am

Go old-school. Get a carry handle (http://www.evike.com/products/26175/) and a rail mount for it (http://www.evike.com/products/25626/).

Or pick up a high-rise mount (http://www.evike.com/products/53634/)

On a related note: I'd have to be pretty darn desperate to pick up an optic online unless I had handled one of their products in person. This goes double for magnified optics. Bad glass is just, well, bad. Like anything, you generally get what you pay for.

If you've already played with a magnified optic, feel free to totally ignore everything below this:
I'd strongly suggest seeing if somebody you know has a 4x magnified optic that you can try out before you pick one up. Chances are, you'll end up deciding not to buy one. AEGs are relatively short ranged. My personal experience (and yours may very well be different) is that anything over 2 or 2.5x is more trouble than it is worth at the ranges that airsoft is effective, and generally a non-magnified reflex optic is a much more useful tool than a magnified reticle when used on an AEG in an assaulter role.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby AirCanada » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:30 pm

Yeah the rail seems to be molded to the reciever and front post, so go with a riser or carry handle with rail.
AirCanada
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Hey Agent Orange,

I have that particular scope on my sniper rifle & have been enjoying it for over a year. It is a solid scope that will serve you well in all weather conditions. Good choice.

Here is the rail riser mount you need to make it work: http://www.evike.com/products/25575/

This rail riser will be compatible with any scope you would like to put on the rifle. The particular high-rise mount Steve has recommended is designed for shorter optics (like a red dot) that do not need the rail length of a scope.

I hope this helps!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Agent orange. » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks guys, all of your opinions and suggestions will help me greatly. Its also awesome to know, that this is a site I can go to, and ask questions like this, and not be criticized for asking simple questions.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 am

najatuw4646 wrote:It is a solid scope that will serve you well in all weather conditions.

Ummm...no. Have you ever used real optics? If a $35 scope was "solid" and would serve well in "all weather", I wouldn't have a $400 Leupold on my deer rifle. Military kits wouldn't use $500 Aimpoints and Eotechs. Will it work on an AEG for an airsofter who tries to avoid wet, humid, rainy days of play? Maybe. But don't go touting a cheap scope as good.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am

ogrejager wrote:
najatuw4646 wrote:It is a solid scope that will serve you well in all weather conditions.

Ummm...no. Have you ever used real optics? If a $35 scope was "solid" and would serve well in "all weather", I wouldn't have a $400 Leupold on my deer rifle. Military kits wouldn't use $500 Aimpoints and Eotechs. Will it work on an AEG for an airsofter who tries to avoid wet, humid, rainy days of play? Maybe. But don't go touting a cheap scope as good.

So wait... are you saying the $100 6094 clone I got isn't the one the SEALs use?!?!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Agent orange. wrote:Thanks guys, all of your opinions and suggestions will help me greatly. Its also awesome to know, that this is a site I can go to, and ask questions like this, and not be criticized for asking simple questions.
Wait for a bit. This place IS pretty much known for criticizing people who ask simple questions, lol. Word of advice: when it happens (and it will) just roll with it, and don't take it personal. A lot of the guys have been around airsoft a very long time, and have seen and heard just about every question imaginable. Dealt with some really stupid questions from people who simply don't want to do their own research, and ask questions that have been asked a million times. For the most part, the community is full of good people willing to help, but some of the guys can get a bit grizzly. Like I said, roll with it, don't take it personal, and enjoy. BTW, welcome.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Community General Discussion