Introduction Thread

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Introduction Thread

Postby Gambit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:12 am

Thought i might as well do an introduction thread as well so here it goes!

Hey guys, go by Gambit but real name is Chris, 25 year old male in the Portland Area and i am a recent player who just got all his gear together to play and so far i am having a huge blast with the sport. Got tired of sitting behind a keyboard playing games all day and wanted to go out and do something team oriented and active and airsoft caught my eye from some stray youtube video.

I am currently running with a TM G36C as my main and a KWA m226 as a sidearm but very interested in trying out other weapons and play styles. Looking for a group of guys to run with if anyone will have a noob who is willing to learn.

I prefer the outdoor scene so far, just playing out in the woods and such has such a better feeling and thus Action Acres is my current pick up game location. Havent made it to a event yet such as the swamp camp r&r or even the one at action acres but looking to go!

Greeting to everyone and hopefully i can meet some really cool people out on the field and we can have a ton of fun together. If anyone wants to schedule a game on a non-event day in the portland area i would be more then happy to participate. I have a thread stating my presence at AA this sunday the 17th so hopefully i can see some people there.

Till then,

Cheers

Gambit
Gambit
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Grounded » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 am

Hey Gambit! Welcome man. I am Grounded from Phantom Fury. You will find AP being your one stop shop for anything MILSIM/ Airsoft in the Pacific Northwest. You mentioned you like the outdoor setting, this is the right place. We have a one day op at Camp Rilea coming up that perhaps you should check out, I love to meet you and chat about your M226.

Take it easy and welcome.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Airsoft Pacific » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 am

Welcome to the Sport Gambit!!

We are blessed to have a great group of people in the local airsoft community consisting of teams, large and small and lot of single players. Sounds like you have started off right by hitting the games and making intro's.

See you on the field.
Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Airsoft Pacific
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gambit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Hey thanks guys. I appreciate the welcoming committee!

Grounded wrote:Hey Gambit! Welcome man. I am Grounded from Phantom Fury. You will find AP being your one stop shop for anything MILSIM/ Airsoft in the Pacific Northwest. You mentioned you like the outdoor setting, this is the right place. We have a one day op at Camp Rilea coming up that perhaps you should check out, I love to meet you and chat about your M226.

Take it easy and welcome.

Ive been looking at events and such and and was interested in checking out one of the larger ones along with the AA miniop that is happening next weekend that i will hopefully be attending.

But it would be great to meet you and others and talk about weapons and such. How much/what gear should i bring with me to be set for the day? I have 3 mid caps for my G36 and 3 mags for my sidearm as well as two batteries for my AR. Would that be enough or would i want to get some hi-caps due to extended field time ect?
Gambit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Grounded » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Aww man that's plenty enough. You will see that that some games it's not so much how much ammo you spin (although fun) but the strategy.

Stay frosty

JD
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gambit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Yeah i assumed as much. I just think it would be awful to run out in the middle of the woods or something haha

Running strategy sounds like the most fun way to play personally. Team play is really appealing. Thanks for the info!
Gambit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Grounded » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Any time man!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Community General Discussion