Character for the game

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Character for the game

Postby Grounded » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:44 am

We have a had a successful year for MILSIM/airsoft in the Pacific Northwest; from Extreme Velocity moving a new location Warsport NW announcing a new airsoft field to the rebirth of Airsoft Pacific. These are all signs of progress and the continuing effort to invest back into the sport. From participating and reading pages for events that i have participated, i have noticed one reoccurring issue that never changes and that is people wanting to be spoon fed information and lacking the ability to basically read. Sometimes i am not sure if i should make fun or be concerned that the person may be challenged and thus not able to be resourceful. Things as simple as reading a manual to a Warsport NW event or uniform requirements. The rise of ignorance has increased to an alarming rate, to the point that people has been shunned from event. You are what you make of the game, play safe and honorably; no greater example of this is Shrek from The Swamp. During his briefings he emphasizes that "we are our brothers keeper," a mind set he wants us to remember. That being said, this sport is nothing without its players. For the player to take advantage and truly enjoy the game there must be certain characteristics that they must possess.

1.Be open minded
2.Self assured
3.Imaginative
4.Proactive
5.Persistant
6.Hopeful
7.Be Original

Of-course this is completely subjective and there maybe some that will disagree and that is OK. This is what this forum is all about. This is meant to bring out your ideas and forces people to think as to what role you want to fulfill and make the appropriate changes. I have had the great privilege to conduct operations with many great players in the Northwest and i cannot wait to network and make friends. For those that are new and never met, come out support your local shops and fields.

Stay Frosty
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: Character for the game

Postby ShakesFIST » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:01 pm

You aren't the only one noticing that issue. If the information is posted, I try and tell people where it is posted and how to access the information rather than just giving an answer.

I see things like "What's the FPS limit?" and you tell them it's in the rules/manual/whatever and then someone just tells them the answer. It makes me wonder if that person read anything else but the FPS rules.

Maybe just ask random rules questions at the registration to ensure compliance?
"What is required to play the night game?"
"I don't know."
"Go read ALL the rules again and come back"
Then ask a DIFFERENT question that each player should know. Otherwise the guy is going to skip everything except what the answer to the question is. Even just 10 random questions that is picked at random could help.

Not to be too much of a prick but if you can't answer simple game rules questions provided in writing, how can you be expected to follow them on the field without someone watching over your shoulder the entire time?
ShakesFIST
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Character for the game

Postby Nark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:47 am

ShakesFIST wrote:You aren't the only one noticing that issue. If the information is posted, I try and tell people where it is posted and how to access the information rather than just giving an answer.

I see things like "What's the FPS limit?" and you tell them it's in the rules/manual/whatever and then someone just tells them the answer. It makes me wonder if that person read anything else but the FPS rules.

Maybe just ask random rules questions at the registration to ensure compliance?
"What is required to play the night game?"
"I don't know."
"Go read ALL the rules again and come back"
Then ask a DIFFERENT question that each player should know. Otherwise the guy is going to skip everything except what the answer to the question is. Even just 10 random questions that is picked at random could help.

Not to be too much of a prick but if you can't answer simple game rules questions provided in writing, how can you be expected to follow them on the field without someone watching over your shoulder the entire time?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Community General Discussion