Airsoft is a Sport

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Airsoft is a Sport

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 am

I receive permission from the writer to post this on AP. I'm sure some of the local players know Cole - "Moose" from The SWAMP. This is from Cole's Facebook page and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Airsoft is a sport. It is a life. Anyone can pick up a toy gun and shoot each other at high speed, but not anybody can commit to learning and investing the time, money and soul into airsoft without truly loving the sport. There are few things I love more than this game and I will defend it in all it stands for. This last year has COMPLETELY changed my life in a number of ways.

I have never had formal military training, but I do believe that through practice and informal training from many people I trust and who I consider authorities in the field that I have been changed. I now know how to handle pressure and stress in ways that I never before believed I could. I now thrive on my own adrenaline rather than develop tunnel vision and lose sight of most everything. The sport has begun changing my life outside of it in many good ways.

I am grateful to all of those who have taught me whether they intended to or not. I am grateful for the awesome community behind the sport who welcomed me with enthusiasm and allowed me to now do my part in continuing the growth of the sport.

That said, I want to invite EVERYONE to try it. You don't have to spend a lot of money or know much of anything to enjoy the sport and become a part of it. Gender, ethnicity, background, fitness. None of these things matter. Once you're on the field everyone is an equal behind the trigger. Anyone can pull a trigger and shoot somebody. Try it. Please. You will soon see why I have fallen in love with a sport or you will very quickly learn why it isn't for you. That said, you can't truly know if it is for you until you've experienced it.
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft is a Sport

Postby phiz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am

Thanks for sharing!
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Airsoft is a Sport

Postby Roquenut » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:26 am

What kind of sport can you tell me? I really want to know.
Roquenut
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Community General Discussion