Historical Kit Accessibility

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

Historical Kit Accessibility

Postby Batsy39 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 pm

I can't speak so much for WWII so this will mostly be geared for a Vietnam kit. A Vietnam kit is not nearly as expensive or difficult to assemble as many people will tell you. There are many originals left on the internet to be had for cheap. Don't just rely on eBay, check gun shows, and websites like Vietnam-Airsoft.com . People say $500-$1000. My kit (with Flak vest, helmet and Ruck) cost probably $300 (excluding guns and magazines). Which is a lot of money, yes, but I was doing one of the more expensive kits. ARMY and Marine Recon kits can be done for less. Again I don't know about WWII kits so maybe someone else could speak to that but I imagine the principal is the same across the board: Do a lot of research and keep searching and don't get discouraged. You'll probably make a few mistakes and buy some junk but that's part of the process and the more research you do the less likely this is to happen. All in all it's worthwhile to have an unique and collectible kit that will allow you a broader spectrum of events to attend and enjoy.
Death? What do y'all know 'bout death?
Batsy39
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft