M1 Garand

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

M1 Garand

Postby NakedOcelot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm looking into the ICS and G&G M1 Garands, and I need some help deciding what to get. Also on a side note, I've heard the G&G Rifle has overall better build quality, but the ICS M1 has a better clip(Yes, I said clip) Capacity and clip design if any one has any insight on these rifles I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: M1 Garand

Postby The Giggler » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:22 pm

I personally would go for the G&G if you can. I don't own either. but I have used both and the G&G just feels better to use overall. You can really tell that they put effort into the gun (Unlike the M1903) Its magazines are closer to the real cap so you need to make your shots count, and from what I hear the ICS has a chance of going full auto if the trigger is held down. Overall if you can pay for the quality.
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NakedOcelot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:30 pm

The Giggler wrote:I personally would go for the G&G if you can. I don't own either. but I have used both and the G&G just feels better to use overall. You can really tell that they put effort into the gun (Unlike the M1903) Its magazines are closer to the real cap so you need to make your shots count, and from what I hear the ICS has a chance of going full auto if the trigger is held down. Overall if you can pay for the quality.

I heard that about the ICS too, but I heard it from a lifelong ICS hater, so I wasn't too sure. I have heard that the G&G's magazine is too big to fit into the standard Cartridge belt, would you know anything about that?
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Postby The Giggler » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't really know, but I would assume that it would fit in the pouches as the ICS ones do.
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NakedOcelot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 pm

The Giggler wrote:I don't really know, but I would assume that it would fit in the pouches as the ICS ones do.

Thank you for the help man. I've decided to go with the G&G M1. I just need to save up a bit, then it willl be mine. :D
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft