Desert Rat Airsoft Team Now Accepting Applications

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Desert Rat Airsoft Team Now Accepting Applications

Postby Junto » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 am

The Desert Rat Airsoft Team (DRAT) is now accepting applications for membership. We are looking to expand our numbers, creating a greater presence on the field and in competitions. We are looking for light-hearted, devoted, competition-ready players who mesh well with other members of the team. We would prefer people in the Beaverton, Monmouth, and Corvallis areas, but anywhere in Oregon is just fine. People under 21 need not apply.

Positions Open:
-Riflemen
-Support Gunners

Team Theme and Purpose

A group of off-kilter mercenaries who will try just about anything if there's money involved, with a strong lean toward lots of trigger time, lots of explosions, and lots of death. The company gets paid insurance benefits if an employee dies in action. The money is used for grief counseling for the surviving mercenaries, and video games. If there are hostages involved a $5000 insurance payment must be provided by the customer in case of loss of the hostage's life. The insurance payment will go to grief counseling for the mercenaries involved, and pizza.

These mercenaries have been known to fill a variety of roles, including law enforcement, UN peacekeeping, military actions, gang warfare, and slaying supernatural creatures. All roles have been met with moderate success and hopes are high for better gear, guns, and training, as they learn what they can, from anyone that will teach.

The Serious Bit

Desert Rat Airsoft Team members are required to be committed entirely to the team, and may not be registered on the rosters of other AP teams, barring period re-enactment teams, multi-team organizations, and acting groups for special events. If a member says they are going to an event it must be a gesture in certainty, as dropping out last minute screws everyone else.
Members are required to purchase a set of Tiger Stripe BDUs and matching cover. They must also wear boots that support the ankle area of the foot, although combat boots are not required. They must have some form of upper-body rig for carrying magazines, water, ammo, and any other necessary items. This includes ALICE gear, battle belts, MOLLE gear, tactical vests, and load-bearing vests. Other equipment, such as knee and elbow pads, helmets, armor plates, and gear bags are optional.

Team Play Style

Although we have a designated team leader, in the field, the person that knows the situation best takes charge. This leads to a friendlier style of play and is based on trusting the other members of your team. We prefer to move on our own, apart from larger forces, which allows us to conduct ambushes, work with people we trust, and conduct flanking actions and other maneuvers without interruption.

Credentials
- Second Place Trophy: 937th OSK Presents "Fear This 2", saviors of the Easter Bunny: Wacky White Rabbit 2006, MOST CASUALTIES: WAR CQB COMPETITION (that means more of our guys died, per capita, than any other team's guys. We've gotten better, though), Night 1: Airsoft Zombie Competition 1st place!
- Event Hosts: Fallout: Remains of a Commonwealth, Fallout: The 'Couve, Hold The Thing
Last edited by Junto on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 am

I will vouch for DRAT. They are a group of great guys and girls who love having fun as much as they love airsoft. If you are looking for a team this one to consider.
Bigfoot

Team: N/A

Postby wake.joe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 am

Fern party!!
wake.joe
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 pm

I'll vouch for these guys. I've seen them play, and I would trust them at my back going through a doorway.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Darius137 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Do you guys have a hook up on tiger stripe?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Hard_Drive » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I will vouch for DRAT. They are a group of great guys and girls who love having fun as much as they love airsoft. If you are looking for a team this one to consider.

+1
Ultimately, we're all adults running around with toy guns. Let's keep it in perspective.
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abe Lincoln
Hard_Drive
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiquidSnak » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:14 pm

DRAT successfully vouched for. Again.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Ryu Arcturian » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:12 pm

DRAT, a team where you know you'll always feel loved and right at home
ImageImage
I'm quoting myself because what I have to say is THAT IMPORTANT -Alex Kaeda
Ryu Arcturian
Specops
Specops

Postby Fred » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Read wrote:DRAT, a team where you know you'll always feel loved and right at home

LMFAO
"Snow'd: high CRI is the blueish LED color, correct?" Poebot
Fred

Team: {FAG}

Postby Grunt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Does it not matter what type of AEG you have to qualify for the rifleman position? Or are you going for the lines of M4/M16, AK47, etc? Another thing along that lines, you said that the barrel must be 247mm or longer to be used. So does that mean that an M14 could be used in a rifleman position or would it be strictly a DMR platform? Both of those questions probably have easy answer's but I just want to get the specific details on things.

Just trying to get the details down before I try and commit to anything.
Damn oreo's....
Grunt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LiquidSnak » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

The P90 is 263mm barrel length.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Tyrant » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Darius137 wrote:Do you guys have a hook up on tiger stripe?

We used to but Desert Rat surplus recently closed shop. A few of our guys got their tiger stripe from aloha surplus recently though.
"Never Run With Scissors" Col. Jack O'Neill US Air Force......Two Ls
Tyrant

Postby Nocte » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm

You're gay if you don't join DRAT. Granted, you're gay if you do, but that's a differnt category of gay.

DRAT's good people.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Junto » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Grunt wrote:Does it not matter what type of AEG you have to qualify for the rifleman position? Or are you going for the lines of M4/M16, AK47, etc? Another thing along that lines, you said that the barrel must be 247mm or longer to be used. So does that mean that an M14 could be used in a rifleman position or would it be strictly a DMR platform? Both of those questions probably have easy answer's but I just want to get the specific details on things.

Just trying to get the details down before I try and commit to anything.
Any AEG with a barrel length over 247mm in length is acceptable for riflemen. This mainly outlaws most sub-machine guns and other weapons generally unfit for woodland use in real combat. We try to maintain some semblance with reality. The barrel length thread is here: http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=19200

Good question. ;)
Junto

Postby Darius137 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:06 pm

What if I'm a total badass with a TM Uzi?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Next

Return to Team Talk