Looking for team to accept young player (PORTLAND, OR)

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Looking for team to accept young player (PORTLAND, OR)

Postby Clownymiracles » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:02 am

Hello, everybody! I don't really know how to go about asking this, but would ANYBODY help out a young player by giving him the chance to be on a team? I have experience playing at the Oregon Airsoft Arena, but I have never been on an actual team playing in an actual outdoor arena. I would really like to know if anybody would be willing. Thank you!
Clownymiracles
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Looking for team to accept young player (PORTLAND, OR)

Postby Jester316 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

The best thing you could do would be to just show up at games and have fun. If a team sees that you fit with them, than they'll approach you about joining.

So come out, don't be the idiot kid no one wants to associate with, and follow the rules. Introduce yourself to different teams and see how they play the game. You are young and your peers have made a steep hill for you to climb to show us that we should accept you, but it is doable.

He'll you've already done more than many other 13 year olds (and some who are older...) and that is use correct spelling and punctuation.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Rentax » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:33 am

Airsoft isn't about teams, teams are just an easy way to play with the people you enjoy playing with. You don't have to be on a team to enjoy playing nor do you have to be on a team to attend most events. Like Jester said just come out to events, introduce yourself around and get to know other players. You will meet people who you want to play with and either end up on a team or realize that the team things isn't what you want. If what you are looking for is someone to take you in and teach you a thing or two, that is not usually what teams are for. Most teams are looking for players who can hold their own on the field and who know the ins and outs of the game. If that is what you are looking for then PM me and we'll see if we can't set something up.
Also outdoor fields aren't called arenas :D
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Trench » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:49 am

Hello Clowny, Also do not be afraid to run "Lone Wolf". Being on a team has its ups and downs as well, (way too much drama) and the like. With all the requirements of some "Elite" teams the cost of the loadout can be a factor. Luckily most teams here in the NW are really pretty cool and have grasp on what is attainable to the masses.
My Family all play at the Arena in Hillsboro on average 3 times a month (wife, kids, cousins, aunts, uncles) P.M. me sometime we enjoy playing with the younger players as well.

In closing, don't be in a hurry to join a team. I think it's best when the team finds you.

Trench
Trench
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Team Talk