[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Question about shortages... - Team Talk

Question about shortages...

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Question about shortages...

Postby SVRussian » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 pm

I am curious if there is a shortage of snipers or support (lmg) people.
SVRussian
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Question about shortages...

Postby Catch22 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

There's a shortage of people who know how to fill those roles correctly ;)
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby SVRussian » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 pm

doesn't help =( haha

I just don't know what role to start next...
SVRussian
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Cyclops » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:07 am

Every new member that joins us I tell them to get an AEG first before buying anything else. See what games are being played and what your team needs. No one can answer the question but your self and the group you run with.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby SVRussian » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 am

I run a GBB KWA ak. I have been around airsoft but tired or running in and getting blasted lol
SVRussian
Recruit
Recruit

Postby McNair » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 am

Yeah, run an AEG. If you're interested in running a LMG, borrow one and run it. 90% of the time people go back to their regular AEG after a game or two due to the weight of the LMG.

"Snipers" are generally pointless in airsoft as maybe 1% of people actually do it correctly.
McNair

Postby Sir Stubby Eyre » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 am

There seems to be a bunch of kids that like to be snipers, and there are a few men that are snipers.

I would try some thing different like a sapper. Do a load out with a lot of claymores and grenades, maybe some land mines as well. I don't see too many of that kind of thing. It would require much patience and planning to do it right.
Sir Stubby Eyre
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Wolf_Raven » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 pm

I have been running into the same issues haha, a lot of the younger people that come out and play with us want to be a sniper.. they always seem to think its COD or something. I think another big reason is that when looking online they see the fps and the price and think its a smart buy. I really really try to get people to buy a decent AEG and build around that before they go in another direction.
Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Postby PvtPatches » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 pm

I settled in between with a DMR. I can scare snipers and still go toe to toe with an AEG. You got to find a role that plays to your mindset and skillset. Typically, I like the sneaky aspect of the sniper, but I want to be able to engage at a closer range with the faster RPMs to have the mobility that brings.
Mighty fine shindig.
PvtPatches
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:07 pm

I use my bolt action in a squad DMR/command role. It allows me to stay with my team, make some critical shots, and since I'm very limited on my ammo, I spend more time maneuvering and directing my team.

Stay with the AEG/rifleman role.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:01 am

Being a sniper is about more than being sneaky, it's about recon, and knowing where your enemy is going before he knows. A good sniper is in constant contact with the CO, feeding valuable intel about the enemy whereabouts. When you are informed about where the enemy is headed, you can be ready with an ambush. During the ambush, your sniper becomes a force multiplier, taking out SAW gunners, squad leaders, any targets of opportunity. It's a beautiful thing when it all comes together.

Unfortunately it rarely plays out that way because most "snipers" are god knows where, don't have good radios, or don't listen to the CO. Or they have a CO who doesn't understand how to fully utilize the sniper. A sniper without command to report to is just a dude in the bushes with a gun. He may as well be a third team because he'll probably get shot by friendlies, nobody knows he's there and he's often wearing a ghillie.

If we're talking about "sniper" in the way I have defined it above, I'd say yeah there probably is a shortage. It's not an easy job. I've never done it, never had the patience.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Reaver » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 am

My opinion, not like it matters much, but own one of each and be comfortable/decently proficient with each type of airsoft gun. Get a bolt action and a lmg. Gives you versatility as the field, objectives, and opposition are constantly changing. One gun/roll may be king at one game, but may not work for you the next.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby DEagle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:35 pm

It seems like a lot of people who are planning on getting into airsoft really want to be snipers, but few are very good at it. We had a lot of newbies show up for a game with sniper rifles, it was annoying trying to set up a game for that many snipers.
I haven't seen many SAW gunners (maybe due to the higher price of the SAWs), our team had a SAW that was for team use only but it had several issues with it's barrel and box mag.
DEagle
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wolf_Raven » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 am

Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Team Talk