Looking for Portland area Players

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Re: Looking for Portland area Players

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:43 am

Again, as I've previously stated. I'm wanting to branch off from FOAD because I'm not able to be there for all the meetings and practices. Soo as I said before. Can we please get back to the point of this fourm.
Once more into the frey,
into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sprectre

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:43 am

Again, as I've previously stated. I'm wanting to branch off from FOAD because I'm not able to be there for all the meetings and practices. Soo as I said before. Can we please get back to the point of this fourm.
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Neddy wrote:Again, as I've previously stated. I'm wanting to branch off from FOAD because I'm not able to be there for all the meetings and practices. Soo as I said before. Can we please get back to the point of this fourm.

Nope. Can't get back to the point yet. Sorry.

See, I'm confused. You want "reliable, honest, deticated, and semi experienced players" [sic] but aren't willing to make the same sacrifice for FOAD of reliability and dedication?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:30 pm

I figured it was a distance thing.

Thanks Cyclops for the review, it's pretty much what I expected.

Thanks Ogre for grading my paper, I edited it probably six times in the middle of the night, LOL.
Good news, I learned how to spell "whether" go team me!

Nark isn't bashing on you, don't worry.

Neddy, I live in deep SE Portland, and am always down to practice, play, give advice, or whatever.
Hit me up anytime. But just so you know, I don't play at TAC-OPS.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby T-Time » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:31 pm

What is the age limit? Probably to young anyway. :D
Thanks
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:40 pm

ogrejager wrote:
Nope. Can't get back to the point yet. Sorry.

See, I'm confused. You want "reliable, honest, dedicated, and semi experienced players" [sic] but aren't willing to make the same sacrifice for FOAD of reliability and dedication?

Reason is stated before. Distance. I am not able to make it to meetings or practices How reliable is that. i dont want to be on a team if i'm out of the loop. A team is only as strong as its weakest player. I've already talked to Cyclops about it and he, and the Council, Knows i'm not Resigning because of something Stupid. They know the only reason is because of distance. Some people don't have the money to drive 1-2 hours for a 3-6 house meeting/practice and then drive back home. Its not because i'm not dedicated or anything. Sometimes things just don't work out.
Last edited by Neddy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 pm

ClownBaby wrote:I figured it was a distance thing.

Thanks Cyclops for the review, it's pretty much what I expected.

Thanks Ogre for grading my paper, I edited it probably six times in the middle of the night, LOL.
Good news, I learned how to spell "whether" go team me!

Nark isn't bashing on you, don't worry.

Neddy, I live in deep SE Portland, and am always down to practice, play, give advice, or whatever.
Hit me up anytime. But just so you know, I don't play at TAC-OPS.

Thank you for understanding. I'm in Laurelhurst which i do believe is SE Portland I'll Definitely PM you here in a few about TAC-OPS.
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:44 pm

T-Time wrote:What is the age limit? Probably to young anyway. :D
Thanks

PM me some info about yourself! (EX: Experience, Gear you run, Ect.)
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sargent Targetwod2 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi Neddy. I'm also starting an airsoft team. Your probably not looking for a team like mine, considering what's been said in this thread so far, but you can find out more about my team here: http://clantargetwod.weebly.com/

Anyone who wants to join my team or just play together PM me, and also please don't let the "Rank" upset you. I may call myself Commander, but that's just because I'm the leader of a team. I haven't earned the rank in combat or anything and I still am learning how to play more professionally. Thanks!

~Respectfully Targetwod2
Sargent Targetwod2
Recruit
Recruit

Team: Airsoft

Postby Nark » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 am

Neddy wrote:Again, as I've previously stated. I'm wanting to branch off from FOAD because I'm not able to be there for all the meetings and practices. Soo as I said before. Can we please get back to the point of this fourm.

I think we're currently on point. You're looking for people to play with but you won't say why... anyways Ogre has a great point. Why can't you make it to the FOAD meetings? If you can't make it to those ones who says you'll make it to the meetings once you have your own team? You can't have team meetings at your house since I assume by your age that you still live at home and your parents sure as hell don't want a dozen smelly man-children types like us roaming around breaking things and eating their food cause that's what will happen.

Where have you considered doing the trainings?

What are you going to cover in training? Do you have someone who can train? I don't think you're quite certified to be teach CQB or Landnav depending on where you do trainings (I could be wrong and if I am don't hesitate to correct me, with proof of course)

Do you have

Who is this council of 3 that you speak of? The Illuminati? Why do you need 3 if you're gonna have votes? You need at least 1 leader in each fire team so that you can do flanking manuevers in the field and not have one group ending up leaderless.

What should people bring? M81? Russian gear? MC?

and yes, we (I) are sarcastic bastards but we are sarcastic bastards trying to help. Did you read the four stickies on the Team Talk
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:06 am

Shit just got real.

I'm rolling with Neddy now, and we're gonna recruit you next MOFO!

Now what? :D

That's right bitches, new Portland team.

"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:49 am

And how come you can't read, he answered the question a bunch of times, but if you're still unsure of what's going on, go back and READ Cyclops post.

He just moved. Pretty simple.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cyclops » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:45 am

Our team has a lot of meeting and we don't do them all on one day. Team meeting, squad meetings, practices, and other small gatherings could go anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours. So with Neddy living in Portland it wouldn't be best for him and his family to drive down all the time plus practices which are in Lebanon which is even further for him. So with him looking at starting his own team in his area is a good thing. This is a recent move so I'm sure he will have things placed as he goes. Right now his main goal is getting a few guys together and getting to know each other which is a huge part of team building.
As for the council thing goes it looks like he trying to do what FOAD does which is we have run arounds (no voting rights), Prospects (Voice there opinion but no voting right), Patch (Votes) and then council which takes the votes and has the final say what's best for the team and only the team not per player nor squad. Honestly Neddy if your going to have council just make it you or who ever. Maybe one more guy. Your looking at building a team of like 8 guys. Keep it tight and clean!!!! Neddy is the type to listen to everyone and coming up with a game plan on and off the field. I can see him leading a group of guys. Yes he may make mistakes but that's how you learn. We have all done that. Mistakes just make your team or squad stronger.
Neddy is still a FOAD member and we are trying to help him branch off and build his own team. There is nothing negative about the move on both sides. It's just what's best for him and his family. Which to our team Family and job always come first then airsoft. So I'm helping him out guiding him some what and when this happens we have more allies since most of the other teams are green based. We need to start building more tan based primary teams to keep sides even.
I hope this answered most of your questions and concerns and now lets help build another team and keep things growing for this sport.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Nark » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 am

ClownBaby wrote:And how come you can't read, he answered the question a bunch of times, but if you're still unsure of what's going on, go back and READ Cyclops post.

He just moved. Pretty simple.

No I did see Cyclops' post, I need to edit my post but I was exhausted last night when I posted it.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 pm

It's ok Nark, now join us, join us, one of us. :shock:
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Team Talk