Looking for Portland area Players

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Looking for Portland area Players

Postby Neddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 pm

So i know i'm gonna hear it from a few for posting this, but i'm wanting to see how many players in the portland area i can pull together to start a small group. Im looking for at least 7 more people to join. What I'm thinking of is 2 squads of 4 squads containing cqb and field rifles, or something along the lines. I dont want this team to have 1 leader or anything. it will contain a Council of 3 people that have final say over all, but also letting all members of the group vote on most decisions. Of course all this stuff can change at any time so dont be afraid just to contact/reply for more info or throwing ideas out. What im looking for in player: Dedicated, Well minded, Respectful, Team building Skill, and Understanding. You will require a evaluation on Game Skill but this wont really dictate whether you make the team or not. just more of an understanding on where ur at and where to start training. With that being said, There will be team practice's, Nothing serious, Just something to practice on our weaknesses and build a bond between team and squad members. Thank you for using ur time to read this. I Hope to hear some replies soon! Thanks! - Neddy
Once more into the frey,
into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sprectre

Re: Looking for Portland area Players

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

How long have you been playing?

Have you ever lead a squad before?

Do you have a place to train?

Are their any other team members already?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 am

1: I've been playing for about 2 year(not including playing back yard games)
2: I have lead a squad of a few friends before, definitely looking to increase my leadership skills in airsoft doing this.
3: I do not have a place to train but I'm sure I can find a safe and private field to practice. (I think I have a few family members with property.
4: at the moment is mainly just me but i found some people on Facebook possibly looking for a team.

Honestly. I don't have much into this at the moment, just trying to get in contact with some people possibly looking for a team before I go into this more. How ever, I'm going to make a few phone calls tomarrow to locate a practice place. Are u interested?
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 am

I'll train or play with pretty much anyone. Would absolutely love to find a indoor place to train in the city, but with the real estate market the way it is in Portland, seems like a pipe dream.

Not to sound negative, but I get a little perplexed when younger, or inexperienced players want to start a team, even more so when they wanna lead.
I mean, I get it, everybody wants to be part of a badass team, and a lot of people want to be Ding Chavez, but a lot of time it seems pretty unrealistic.
I'm not saying don't go for it, but I keep hearing the same thing running through my head lately.
"You can't lead, if you can't follow."

So, the question I have for most of the "I wanna start a team" guys is this. Do you have enough time under your belt, eatin crap sandwiches, and saying "yes sir" or "Roger that"? Which really means "Shit, I have to go where, and do what? Crap."
It's kinda like McDonald's, you don't start as manager, you start on fries. And the few people who do magically appear somewhere with rank on people, usually are asshats.
That being said, I have no problem following someone half my age, as long as they know what they're doing. And I've seen 12yr old noobs, who knew exactly what everyone else was supposed too be doing. (while a bunch of adults stood around, dazed and confused.)
Good leadership partly comes from experience, which comes from time spent learning. You must walk before you can run.

So, I assume you are, or were part of FOAD, and you wanna branch off and do your own thing. That's fine, but it might gain you some points to explain why you are leaving, or maybe not.
But I really think a rundown on your skill set from Cyclops would be very helpful.

Also, and this goes for ANYONE who's wanting to start a team. You look very unprofessional when you don't use capital letters at the beginning of your sentences. Grammar and spelling errors are acceptable, that is not.

It's kind of a shame that theirs so many younger players that wanna start their own teams. You guys should get together, make a team with rotating leadership, (so that you all get a chance to learn how to do it) and rip the hell out of us old farts.

Lastly, if you (not necessarily you, but whoever) can't be heard calling your hits from across the room of an indoor arena, then leadership is not for you. People who follow leaders, want leaders, not mice.

Hopefully this helps, and you didn't get all butt hurt over it. All y'all.
We really do wanna see you younger guys succeed.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:34 am

Yeah I see what your saying, the reason I'm branching off is distance. I, being "far away" make it seem like I'm not apart of to be team. Also, I'm not really looking to be a leader at all, just looking for a group of players that knows what their doing, i do know how to manage/be on a team mainly from all my years in baseball. I am experience in gameplay, not the best but can easily problem solve. I'm not trying to be the 12 year olds u see on here. On another note, I'm sure I can get Cyclops to say a thing or two about me later today. I've done security for him a few time while playing.
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cyclops » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:32 am

Neddy is a all around good guy. Reason for him starting his own team is that he just moved to Portland and is unable to make our practices and meetings we have which is key for running a team especially our size of team. He is a thinker out on the playing field and follows orders well. He can talk to anyone but he isn't one of those "Oh crap he talks to much" type of guy. He seems to get along with anybody and listens to what others have to say. I believe he would be either a great addition to any team OR starting up his own small group. If I hear of anyone wanting to be on a team I'll gladly point them in your direction knowing that you will help guide them to honorable play.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ogrejager » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 am

ClownBaby wrote:Also, and this goes for ANYONE who's wanting to start a team. You look very unprofessional when you don't use capital letters at the beginning of your sentences. Grammar and spelling errors are acceptable, that is not.

It's kind of a shame that theirs so many younger players that wanna start their own teams. You guys should get together, make a team with rotating leadership, (so that you all get a chance to learn how to do it) and rip the hell out of us old farts.

Good luck. Us old farts have forgot more than...well, you know that saying. Hell, I'd been playing airsoft or paintball for years before Neddy was born.

(See what I did there with your error?)

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 am

Thank you for that, cyclops! Means a lot to hear that!
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 am

Why don't you go talk to this guy? Maybe you guys could start a team together.

Also just a side note and not directed at the OP does it seem like most younger players who join always want to start their own team instead of joining up with the several others that have the same idea that's slightly their own.

ClownBaby wrote:I'll train or play with pretty much anyone. Would absolutely love to find a indoor place to train in the city, but with the real estate market the way it is in Portland, seems like a pipe dream.

Not to sound negative, but I get a little perplexed when younger, or inexperienced players want to start a team, even more so when they wanna lead.
I mean, I get it, everybody wants to be part of a badass team, and a lot of people want to be Ding Chavez, but a lot of time it seems pretty unrealistic.
I'm not saying don't go for it, but I keep hearing the same thing running through my head lately.
"You can't lead, if you can't follow."

So, the question I have for most of the "I wanna start a team" guys is this. Do you have enough time under your belt, eatin crap sandwiches, and saying "yes sir" or "Roger that"? Which really means "Shit, I have to go where, and do what? Crap."
It's kinda like McDonald's, you don't start as manager, you start on fries. And the few people who do magically appear somewhere with rank on people, usually are asshats.
That being said, I have no problem following someone half my age, as long as they know what they're doing. And I've seen 12yr old noobs, who knew exactly what everyone else was supposed too be doing. (while a bunch of adults stood around, dazed and confused.)
Good leadership partly comes from experience, which comes from time spent learning. You must walk before you can run.

So, I assume you are, or were part of FOAD, and you wanna branch off and do your own thing. That's fine, but it might gain you some points to explain why you are leaving, or maybe not.
But I really think a rundown on your skill set from Cyclops would be very helpful.

Also, and this goes for ANYONE who's wanting to start a team. You look very unprofessional when you don't use capital letters at the beginning of your sentences. Grammar and spelling errors are acceptable, that is not.

Lastly, if you (not necessarily you, but whoever) can't be heard calling your hits from across the room of an indoor arena, then leadership is not for you. People who follow leaders, want leaders, not mice.

Hopefully this helps, and you didn't get all butt hurt over it. All y'all.
We really do wanna see you younger guys succeed.

I think Ding was my first Tactical Crush
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:02 am

Reason for starting a team is because I have a deal worked out with FOAD and I want to keep that because they are a fantastic team. So I'm not just another "kid" wanting to start a team. There more to the story then just looking for players. I'm just trying to look for reliable, honest, deticated, and semi experienced players
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 am

Neddy wrote:I'm just trying to look for reliable, honest, deticated, and semi experienced players

Then stay with FOAD.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:16 am

Obviously the point of this fourm is deteriorating.... I didn't start this fourm to hear crap from anybody. I do appreciate the feed back, I really do. But there's a reason I'm branching away from FOAD. Not because there a bad team or anything. Im not just some kid trying to start a team because I want to lead it or something. I'm wanting to get a group together of reliable, honest, deticated and semi experiences players, So can we please get back to the main reason this fourm was started??? Sorry not trying to be rude or anything.
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 am

ogrejager wrote:
Neddy wrote:I'm just trying to look for reliable, honest, deticated, and semi experienced players

Then stay with FOAD.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Neddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 am

I don't understand your reply???
Once more into the frey,
Neddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 am

If you're looking for a "reliable, honest, deticated, and semi experienced players" why don't you stay with FOAD? I trust Orgejager's recommendation to stay.

ClownBaby wrote:So, I assume you are, or were part of FOAD, and you wanna branch off and do your own thing. That's fine, but it might gain you some points to explain why you are leaving, or maybe not.

Answer this.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Next

Return to Team Talk