Whats a good shotgun?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Whats a good shotgun?

Postby Hutch » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:20 pm

I am interested in getting an airsoft shotgun and was wondering what your guys's opinions were, Ive looked at alot, but dont know what ones are any good. Under $200.
Hutch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Payback » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Well, for $200 you could just about get any nice one.

I got a $20 pump with a shell fed clips, not a tri shot, but it has a M4 style stock, not a hard hitting gun, but i shot it across the street then used my rangefinder and it went over 150ft (and not in a big arc).

But they have those double barrel steel/wood ones that are really nice.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby VogonFord » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:56 pm

The tri-shots are a really good choice. They're ubsurdly reliable, shoot right at about CQC velocity, and have a decent pattern. Oh, and they're only like 50 bucks.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Kendodude » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Tanaka if you got bank.
Maruzen if you wanna show-off with shells flying all over this biznatch.
TM/Tri-shot if you want to be practical.
Marushin if you want to step up from Tri-shot.
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby Junto » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm

rbm33 wrote:Well, for $200 you could just about get any nice one.

I got a $20 pump with a shell fed clips, not a tri shot, but it has a M4 style stock, not a hard hitting gun, but i shot it across the street then used my rangefinder and it went over 150ft (and not in a big arc).

But they have those double barrel steel/wood ones that are really nice.

1: A what? What the hell is a "shell fed clips"?
2: Use of replicas on the street/within city limits is asking for bad press and bad press is asking for bans and restrictions. Knock it off. I don't care if you live in the middle of nowhere.

On topic, I've always preferred the Marushin-style shotguns. The tri-shots are cool and affordable, but real shotguns don't take that amount of effort to pump and I believe it reduces the realism of the replica to have that amount of spring resistance when pumping. The Marushin just feels like a shogun should.

The same can be said for the Maruzen, but I regard anything shell-ejecting as non-skirmishable because of cost.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:16 am

Maurshin 8mm M500 is mighty fine. Only down side is they take a while to reload :(
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Keeper » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 am

What about a ACM M500 Gas Shotgun? I picked up a Pistol Grip version and the weight and feel is decent. Developed leaks though after some hard action in the field. Repaired it and use it in the summer only now. Not a cold weather scrim gun. ;)
http://www.nepa-airsoft.com
"Honor, Integrity & Respect"
Keeper
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Toonvater » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 am

i run a tm spaz if i ever use it. it uses shells and has a good build and feel. plus it adds the bad a$$ look. if your going to use this in out doors, good luck. the spaz is really good for cqb or just messen around. its pretty good but for that price i would've just got another aeg or invested on upgrades for your current gun. the acm m500 is a great choice too but i don't have first hand experience with it.
"We will find a way... or we will make one."
The Carthaginian General.
Toonvater
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Junto wrote:
rbm33 wrote:

1: A what? What the hell is a "shell fed clips"?
2: Use of replicas on the street/within city limits is asking for bad press and bad press is asking for bans and restrictions. Knock it off. I don't care if you live in the middle of nowhere.

first a shell fed clip? seriously? they are shotgun shells that hold 14 rounds (like a clip) and you shoot 1 round a time, then after 14 rounds you load another clip (shell). Calling it a shell fed clip was the easiest way to describe it.

Secondly, i love getting preached to by somebody as young as you. I'm old enough and have enough REAL gun experience to know where and what to do with a replica. I've had REAL gun training, and know the do's and dont's of any fire arm, airsoft or not. You would be best to realize somebody 36 years old may now this, a 15 yr old may not. Don't assume i'm shooting across a street at somebodies yard, or that i'm in a heavy downtown area, you don't know.

Now back to shotguns, My $20 shotgun is great, but i would love to have the tri shot ones, i've seen video's of cqb games that look like they do really well.
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ogrejager » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:15 pm

rbm33 wrote:Secondly, i love getting preached to by somebody as young as you. I'm old enough and have enough REAL gun experience to know where and what to do with a replica. I've had REAL gun training, and know the do's and dont's of any fire arm, airsoft or not. You would be best to realize somebody 36 years old may now this, a 15 yr old may not. Don't assume i'm shooting across a street at somebodies yard, or that i'm in a heavy downtown area, you don't know.

Heh.

Don't know this dude, but he needs an OGRE patch.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby carbonfibreguy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:50 pm

rbm33 wrote:
first a shell fed clip? seriously? they are shotgun shells that hold 14 rounds (like a clip) and you shoot 1 round a time, then after 14 rounds you load another clip (shell). Calling it a shell fed clip was the easiest way to describe it.

Secondly, i love getting preached to by somebody as young as you. I'm old enough and have enough REAL gun experience to know where and what to do with a replica. I've had REAL gun training, and know the do's and dont's of any fire arm, airsoft or not. You would be best to realize somebody 36 years old may now this, a 15 yr old may not. Don't assume i'm shooting across a street at somebodies yard, or that i'm in a heavy downtown area, you don't know.

LOLwow. Do you know what a clip is? Do you know what a magazine is? Do you know the difference between the two?

Also, age does not also mean higher intelligence.
carbonfibreguy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 pm

I think you got what i was getting at. A magazine is a storage/feeding device, a clip is a device used to store rounds for feeding into a magazine.

No google needed either. Sorry if i took offense to somebody who doesn't know anything about me assume i'm some jackass just blindly shooting within town. I felt i needed to defend myself a little. By some of the posts i've seen on these forums, many members that have been here for a while seem to be a little harsh on new members, so i was a little over defensive. Sorry.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Maginus » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:10 pm

From what I read two of you need to lighten up and back off the new player. I found his description very accurate to what he was describing. I agree those cheap $20 shotguns can be fun and powerful too I know I got one a long time ago just for kicks and it shot further than I thought it would.
Maginus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

rbm33 wrote: Don't assume i'm shooting across a street at somebodies yard, or that i'm in a heavy downtown area, you don't know.
I'll assume whatever I like when you leave an information gap open like that. It's your job to provide enough context when posting for others to know that you're not breaking the damn law. AP has lost great players because they've done stupid things exactly like shooting across the street.

I don't give a shazaam how old you are. It certainly isn't a guarantee of intelligence.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Switchback » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:44 pm

http://tinyurl.com/4osbzjc

Previous posts aside...really? Get a TM tri-shot.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Next

Return to Shotguns & Launchers